6] Sneaking Out Of School

"talking"
'thinking'
[Reading/writing]
"Speaking English"
(Authors note)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Y/n = your name
L/n = last name
N/n = nickname
E/c = eye color
H/c = hair color
------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n pov

I shook hands with Light yagami. Actually, I am shaking hands with Light yagami. Both of our hands were still in each others and Neither of us tried to move away from each other.

His brown eyes were staring at me with an expression that I couldn't comprehend. In this moment, It felt as if the whole world had stopped. It was just the two of us staring into each others souls.

Finally, I let go of his hand and pulled my hand back. His lips parted while I did so.

I stood up and swung my bag over my shoulders. Light furrowed his eyebrows "Where are you going?" He questioned.

"We aren't learning anything today anyway. So I'm leaving" I stated and started to walk away.

"wait for me" Light called out.

I was slightly surprised when he picked his bag up and spread Walked after me. I walked ahead and he followed behind me like a lost puppy. I found it quite adorable.

"The security wouldn't allow us to go" he stated as we continued to walk

"So? we're leaving by window" I said and his face turned into a confused expression. I rolled my sleeves up slightly and opened a window. I began to climb down a pipe slowly while he just watched in surprise. I hopped onto the ledge and motioned for him to come.

"What are you making a straight A student do" he blurted out while he looking down at me from the window seal.

"I didn't ask you to come along with me." I said while smirked pointing out the fact he is following me of his own accord and not against his will like he implied.

Light only shook his head before slowly followed me down the pipe. I reached the end of the pipe and jumped down once I got to a comfortable distance from the ground for me to do so and he did the same right after.

Now we were on the school ground. We both walked to the back side of the school and I threw my bag to the other side of the fence wall.

I backed up a little from the gate before running and jumped up into the air high enough for me to grab onto the top of the wall before twisting my body and throwing myself up and over the wall completely all in one go without stopping and landed perfectly.

"Come, Light" I said from the other side of the wall.

Light chuckled softly.

"so you want me to climb this high wall?" He asked me through the fence but it was clear by his face he was wondering how Y/n did that. 'maybe she does gymnastics' Light thought to himself. 

"Fine, I'm leaving" I teased, finding myself in a playful mood as of this moment and light just happened to end up on the receiving end of it

"No!" he suddenly blurted out.

"What if I fall?" He said with slight worry in his voice. "You're a big boy, you will be fine. it's not like it will kill you, a slight concussion at most and besides if push comes to shove I'll catch you if you fall." I said with a teasing smile on my lips as I cross my arms.

There was an odd but meaningful silence for a moment before Light climb the fence wall.

Light got up to the top and then jumped down. He landed on his feet but he lost his balance and ended up leaning on me. His face was in my neck and my hands were holding his waist so he doesn't make me fall.

I straightened him up and we gazed into each other's eyes for a moment before I picked up my bag, the very bag that I threw on the ground before i had scaling the fence moments earlier, and started walking to my house with Light right beside me.

His face, emotionless as always. Slowly we neared our houses. Light caught my hand and furrowed his brows in a weird expression. "Why are you following me to my house?"

I ever so nicely yanked my hand out of his hold and smirked.

"Don't you mean, welcome new neighbour" I say as I cross my arms still smirking at the brown haired boy who stood before me with his mouth hung open like a fish.

And that's where it all began.

Light and I became good friends.

Genuine friends, unlike how he used people in death note. We hung out a lot and since I was so smart we both secured the top spot in each class. I scared away his fangirls he scared away my fanboys and girls and of course since we were neighbours, we went over to each other's houses almost often. Mrs and Mr Yagami loved me and Sayu too.

What a nice life I have

But I getting a bit bored

Maybe it's time for me to see my beloved. L . . .