Chapter 8

Ratchet was surprised when he got a message from Knockout. "It's official. She's paralyzed. Valena is paralyzed." He turned to the others in the room.

"She won't be able to race anymore," Raf mumbled.

"I believe there is something going on there we don't know about. Megatron would not have done such a thing normally." Optimus brought up.

"What do you mean?" Bulkhead asked.

"Yeah," Jack said, leaning on the railing of the human area, "You say that as though you expected something else from him."

"It's not like he hates humans or anything!" Miko yelled from the couch.

"Soundwave was there, and he was entirely focused on her." Optimus brought up.

"I noticed that too. Thought he was gonna pounce on me for touching her." Ratchet agreed, looking at him. "What exactly happened that day Valena was taken?"

"The little girl, I believe, to have been Soundwave's daughter. They both were talking to each other for a while about their pasts. Something leads me to believe that Soundwave's daughter liked Valena, and in turn, he is also caring for her." Optimus explained.

"Hold up," Miko said, sitting up, "Screenface has a kid? Not gonna lie, I did not know robots could."

"And you're saying that's the only reason she's still alive?" Arcee asked

"He has a daughter. His spark mate was lost in the middle of the war, during the time his daughter was born. Soundwave is very secretive about her. Also highly protective. I believe thanks to his daughter somehow Valena is still alive." Optimus explained.

"This is all crazy," Raf mumbled.

"What do we do?" Bulkhead asked.

"I truly don't know," Optimus replied.

"I can see why." Bee said, leaning back on some crates, "If she was born after the beginning of the war, I'd say she's at least the kid's age in human years, and considering most sparklings and younglings were killed in the beginning..."

"I think all we can do is really wait and see what happens," Optimus commented. "Hope that Soundwave protects her from Megatron."

"But, surely he would've seen the Decepticons aren't exactly the best place, for either of them?" Jack asked

"Who knows? Soundwave isn't the ordinary con, let alone Cybertronian." Ratchet replied.

~~~~~

Valena hugged her chest as she lay there, waking up from some noise she heard, though not sure if it was real.

Skyraid looked up drowsily at her, clicking in confusion at her state.

Valena felt tears running down her face as she felt like her sleep was filled with the things she now couldn't do. She hated Megatron. She hated being stuck. She glared up at the ceiling.

The falcon hopped over and nudged her, chirping softly in hopes of somewhat comforting her.

"Hey. Sorry. I'm so depressing, huh?" She mumbled, looking at the symbiote. "I don't understand why he didn't let me die. He could have let me die, but he didn't. I don't know if I should or shouldn't be grateful, I just am."

He clicked his beak and nudged under her hand. He chirped off, speaking comforting words in his own language even though he knew she couldn't understand.

She looked at him and sighed, sadly. Gently laying a hand on his beak and stroked him. "I don't want you to get hurt helping me like your friend did. Not like last time."