Chapter 40

Estrela smiled as she started to pet Remix next to her. Smiling happily as she knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, she wanted to enjoy her family close.

The wolf purred in a very cat-like fashion and moved a bit closer.

"Someone likes the attention." She whispered as she moved her hand along Remix and started to scratch by his ears.

Maybe. He grinned, tilting his head so she scratched a certain spot.

She kept scratching and rubbing his fur firmly with a smile. "Such a good ole wolf." She mumbled with a big grin.

He yapped quietly and lay his head down in between his paws, curling his tail around Skyraid as the bird nested there.

"Awe, is someone embarrased? You know, if I didn't like you, I wouldn't be petting you right now." She whispered before moving her hand over to his neck, massaging him firmly.

Never said I didn’t. He muttered, looking at her through one eye. I'm just getting comfortable.

"I think you have been very comfortable around me. Since the beginning." She smiled, moving her hand under his chin.

Can always get more. He replied, lifting his chin as a happy rumbling emitted from his throat.

"How so?" She smirked, rubbing under his chin.

Never completely comfortable. He muttered, shifting a bit more. Leg sore.

"It isn't the same leg from before is , t?" She asked worriedly. "Have you told Soundwave or Radiowave? Maybe I can look at it. I'm not a medic, but I do know a few things about machines. Can't be that different."

Already fixed, but damage too bad. He explained, looking down at it.

"What do you mean too bad?" She asked, letting go of Radiowave and sitting up to look at him. "I don't want you in pain."

Replace whole leg to fix. He winced, sitting up and leaning on it. No parts.

"I don't take that answer. Not acceptable." She growled as she picked him up gently and walked out of the cave. Heading for her work room.

Sure? He asked, looking up at her with big eyes.

She glared down at him in response as she set him down. She opened her chest plates and gently pulled Soundwave out so she could shift down to her human form. Laying Soundwave nearby before she did.
Walking over to her equipment, she snapped her fingers as several tools started to be set up for her.

Soundwave stirred and sat up, looking around groggily. "Was that a dream?" He asked, looking at her.

"No, and I would gladly do it again in the future, but I got a pup here that needs help." She growled, still quite annoyed as she grabbed something and walked over to the wolf.

"What’s wrong?" He asked, walking over to Remix. "Is he hurt?"

She noticed Remix wasn’t making eye contact with him, rather just looking down.

Estrela grabbed his chin with her human hand and stared into his eyes. "You should tell him before I get upset even more, Remix." She scolded.

He whimpered a bit, his ears flattening as he shrank back. Leg still hurt. The telepathic message came through quietly.

"What?!" Soundwave asked, looking at him. "You told me it didn’t hurt anymore!" The wolf still whined apologetically and laid down.

"Is it really that wrong of us to worry about you, Remix?" Estrela asked, looking at him. "You are family, are you not?"