Chapter 21

Valena started to shift a little in Soundwave's hold, but she groaned in pain. Her body was still seriously cold from the deep waters. Her skin was incredibly pale. Her hands tried to reach for anything for comfort or stability.

All she found was the seat inside the drone as he continued to fly up, eventually breaking the surface not too far away from where the groudbridge was hovering over the water. He quickly angled himself and shot towards it, flowing right through until they were back on the Nemesis. Radiowave was waiting by the controls and closed it as they came through, Steve hopped off and was caught by Radio as Sound transformed so he could hold Valena. The three rushed to the medbay.

"It's... it's so cold." Valena mumbled, waking up weakly. "My head's dizzy." Her voice had such a weak tone. Her body laid limp in his servo.

"It's ok," Soundwave said, covering her with his other hand in hopes of warming her slightly, "We're home and almost there. You'll be better in no time."

"S..S..Soundwave?" She questioned, turning her head, to see his eyes looking at her.

"It's me." He smiled down at her, his visor off for the first time in forever. "You’re safe now."

"I'm... sorry. I'm so... weak." She mumbled, a stray tear as they entered the medbay.

"It's ok." He smiled. "Everything is going to be ok now. KNOCKOUT!" He yelled, looking around.

Knockout walked into the medbay behind them to freak out at the sight of Valena. "Primus! Did you crash your car?" Scooping her gently out of Soundwave's servos while scanning her at the same time. "You are reckless, Valena." Quickly tending to her wounds on her shoulder and her knees. Shaking his head and sighing occasionally. Looking to Soundwave. "I think you don't have to guess what I have to say as far as her energon levels." He mumbled as Valena passed out once again. "Her organs are failing her, Soundwave. She needs the energon so bad, or she *will* die. I give her two days at most. Her brain is struggling, and her heart is trying to stop on her. She is so badly needing energon that another injury, and she will bleed to death. It isn't a question. It's why her body may be feeling so cold. She's running out of time to recover. I tell Radio as well, because hopefully she will remind you to help nourish her. She can't do more than every hour."

He nodded and quickly sat down, sticking the transfuser needle into his own arm without even waiting for Breakdown and basically throwing the other end at Knockout. Radio and Steve just stood in the corner watching. Steve had gone back to his body and had a comforting arm around her.

Knockout wasn't even surprised by his actions as he hooked her up. Letting the energon transfer to her. "I'm sorry to be cold, but we can't risk anything, not if you don't want her heart to fail." Knockout mumbled as soon as she was set up to turn to them. "What even happened out there? I can't see her just crashing her car. Not her. Something happened."

"It was her mother." Steve said, speaking for the two as they both stared blankly, "She attacked us while we were underwater, and a boulder crushed the car. She managed to get to an air pocket, but she was hurt, and the air may have been poisonous in there."

"A car... under water?" Knockout asked in shock. "If the air was..." He quickly turned away to check Valena again. Using a small tool to listen to her. He rushed around once again. "Why did my scanner not..." He rumbled as he brought out some sort of tank and hooked her up to it. "Was she choking? Did she choke on energon?"

"She was…" He said, looking down, "she started coughing it up not long after we entered but I thought that was just from her wounds since there could have been internal ones we didn’t know about."

"Not if the sulfur levels were high enough." Knockout mumbled. "Not to mention her body may have been in shock. Especially if there are painful memories to do with the situation. Her body would have been so stressed in the moment that she was already struggling without all the other factors."
Knockout sighed. "You should talk to Megatron. I also want to check her over for injuries. Soundwave has to stay in here, but you two are too young. You will need to step out for a minute. I will be quick, I promise."