Chapter 27

"And you said I was being the formal one?" She asked, looking up at Soundwave.

He gave a quiet laugh. "My brother is nothing but formal." He said before looking at her. "I don't know if I'm happy or scared for you right now."

"Well, I can tell you this, I'm not scared of your brother." She smirked softly, trying to cheer him up.

"Then again, were you ever scared of any of us?" He laughed, brushing her hair with his fingers.

"At the end of the day, Soundwave, all I want is you and Radiowave happy. You both deserve to be happy." She spoke, looking at him. "That's what love is right? Doing something entirely for someone else."

"Yes, I suppose you are right." He replied as Radio came over with a finally conscious Steve.

"Are you alright?" He asked. "I just overheard what happened. Beautiful statue by the way."

"I apologize for you getting in trouble for me." She turned to Steve. "I should have probably gone about it a different way, but thank you for the compliment."

"It's fine." He laughed. "Wouldn't be my first time passing out like a light after being yelled at."

"You didn't pass out when facing me." She remarked.

"I was very close to doing so." He admitted. "That was one of the few time I actually remembered to breathe though so luckily I didn't. That would've sucked for a first impression."

"You're a good one, Steve. You're loyal, brave, true, I respect you." Valena spoke, looking at him. "However you could work a little on some of the fear, you are a good one."

"Thank you." He smiled. "I do think I would like to be able to actually ride along in a car without fearing for my life."

Almost immediately at the mention, her smile disappeared into a small frown as she looked down at the floor.

"Oh, wait, I'm so sorry!" He said, rushing forward. "I was just trying to lighten the mood, I didn't mean to..."

"It's okay, Steve. Firestreaker is gone, there isn't anything to do to change that." She mumbled sadly, shaking her head. "At least I still have Dynamite, however would I even still be able to take on my racing as a Cybertronian? It seems like it would be different being the car, verses feeling at one with a car. That is if I was to end up transforming into a car." She rubbed her face. "I don't know, maybe it's selfish of me to think of that."

"It's not." Radio replied, smiling softly, "Besides, it doesn't mean you still can't have a holoform. You could still race then."

"Maybe..." She replied, looking over at Radio. "Or I could still use my shrink ray. As a Cybertornian my parents wouldn't be able to find me, my physical scars would be gone, and I would be able to hug you guys properly without need of the holograms."

"Yeah." She smiled. "Besides, if uncle let's you choose how you look, you can basically disguise yourself!"

"As much as disguising myself sounds great, I still want to feel like I am me, Radio." She replied, looking at her.

'Ok, whatever you think suits you best.' She nodded.

'We should probably go and discuss it with Shockwave then.' Soundwave said, looking down at her.

She smiled and nodded up at him. "No matter what happens, I still am with you guys."

"We will be waiting!" Steve called, putting his arm around Radio as they waved goodbye.

"Don't keep us too long!" She grinned.

"See you guys later." Valena smiled, looking at them.

They kept waving happily as Soundwave left, walking to the room Shockwave had taken as his lab.