Chapter 23

Valena was no longer on his berth, but somehow on her own managed to get to Radio's where the others were still fast asleep. She sat there gently stroking and comforting Radio with a soft smile. Humming to herself.

He walked over to them, removing the mask before stopping next to and kneeling down. "How is she?" He asked quietly.

"She's asleep. Has been for a while. She was mumbling, I think she is worried about me." Valena replied, looking up at him, but still comforted Radio who was clinging to Remix.

As if to prove it, the girls face twisted up and she whimpered, hugging Remix tighter. The wolf looked over, licking her hands.

"Shh, it's okay." Valena mumbled. Hugging the girl as best she could with the size difference.
"Let the tears fall, they're free from your eyes... Release the pain you hide deep inside... yeah, I'm here for you. Yeah, I'm here for you dear." She started to sing, in a gentle tone. "There is so much joy, right before your eyes.... there is a beauty within you lies... yeah I'm here for you.. yeah I'm here for you dear.." Stroking the girl's face gently. "No don't you worry, I see your glory... I'll sing your own story... yeah I'm here for you, I'm here for you dear, because I love you... I'm here for you, yeah I'm here for you... because I love you, dear." She sang softly, finishing up her song until she gently kissed the girl's cheek.

Tears were gently running down her face but she’d stopped shaking. Soundwave reached out and stroked the side of her head. "That was beautiful," He mumbled.

"I just hope she will be okay. Poor girl, may be centuries older, yet still is far too young. She didn't need to see me in jeopardy." Valena sighed, looking at Radio.

"It just adds to the fact she watched her mother die," Soundwave said sadly. "She was young but memories like that do not fade easily."

"Yet I nearly died in front of her, Soundwave. I know you say you won't let me get hurt, but you can't promise such a thing. You never know what my parents are gonna do. They could be on the ship invisible yet you wouldn't know. I shouldn't be taking her mother role if I am gonna end up dying too." She cried, backing away from the girl. Before she startled Soundwave in easily jumping off the berth, landing on the floor and taking off running out of the room.

Valena ran so fast, not even looking back until she hid in a dark room. Tons of crates were everywhere, so must have been a storage. A large stack sat there filling up the room, but because of her small size, she easily would be able to go through the cracks, thanks to her also being thin. She crawled, pushed and squeezed, until she hid in the dark, farthest corner that would take forever to unstack everything to get to her. Sitting there crying in tears silently.

It was silent for a while until footsteps ran into the room. It went quiet again before they moved around, looking through different piles until they came to her and the sound of crates moving was heard.

Hearing the crates being moved, she stayed silent as she crawled around the cracks, until she found a crate with a hole in the corner. Rushing to it and squeezing herself inside to hide.

"Valena please!" Soundwave’s voice came from outside as he struggled to move the crates. "Please! I don’t want to see you like this. I can’t have you hiding or running away!"

Knockout walked into the room with Megatron seeing what was going on. "We will help you, Soundwave." Megatron spoke, taking a spot in helping to move crates with Knockout on another side. "She's just traumatized, Soundwave. She's hurting. Some humans from what I have heard hurt a lot worse than others." Knockout explained. "She may even be scared."

He just ignored them, focusing on moving the crates. He wasn’t built to lift heavy objects but he still tried. One worked it’s way loose and tumbled down, landing on his arm and a loud crack echoed though the room, making him cry out. But he pushed it off him and grit his teeth, now also using his tentacles in replacement of the arm.