Chapter 12

Valena slept with Soundwave for what felt like hours. Waking up, she stretched just a little bit to be surprised when she felt her leg brush against Soundwave. Wait, her leg felt something? She looked down and focused on her feet. To her surprise, she managed to get her feet to twitch. "Oh my gosh..." She exclaimed in excitement, forgetting that Soundwave was asleep. Smiling as she saw her feet move.

He jolted awake slightly and looked down, seeing her moving them. He sat up quickly and leaned down, "I'm dreaming," He mumbled, "How...? What...? But... Knockout said you'd never be able to again! How is this possible?"

"I don't know, but I won't complain. It may take me a while to recover, but it means a chance. I might be able to walk again." She smiled, looking up at him. Seeing her feet move some more. Even if it was small amounts.

"Ok then," He smiled, "But you're still going to use the wheelchair until we know for sure, though. we may be able to get you crutches as well."

"Understood. I'm sure that Remix will keep cuddling while I am in the chair. I won't complain." Valena smiled as she looked up Soundwave. A warm smile on her lips.

She got a woof in reply from the other berth before they hopped down and came over to them. The only thing was that Radio was gone, and the three looked oddly happy.

"You guys seem pretty happy. Is it because of me and Soundwave cuddling?" She smiled, looking at them. "Or maybe cause I am back and not with Arachnid anymore."

Both. The wolf smirked, looking at them happily. Maybe more.

You never know. Skyraid laughed.

Valena merely rolled her eyes in response before looking back at Soundwave. Smiling as she held her hands out to him like a little girl, hoping he would pick her up to hold her.

He laughed softly and picked her up, bringing her close to his chest as his best attempt to hug her. If either turned around, they would've seen the three animals' smiles growing wider, even the two who didn't really have mouths.

Valena smiled as she rested her head on his chest. Her arms hugged him the best she could with the size difference. Smiling against him. "I love you, Soundwave. You make me feel so good. I'm happy."

"You make me feel the same way." He said, gently rubbing his thumb on her back and head, "My spark feels twice its size when I'm around you."

Valena hummed in response, loving his gentle caresses. "Whatever that hum is you got under the metal makes me feel so happy. I love you so much, Sounds. I love you so much, I couldn't even be able to express how much."

"You already have expressed enough for me to know, though it is like a star that shines brightly and forever in the night sky. Even in the day when it is invisible, I can feel it there." He said.

"Never knew he could speak like that." Radio giggled as she listened from outside with the three symbiotes. Something about her dad breaking his vow made her incredibly happy, and now, that just increased. "Wonder if this would add anything." She said, looking down at the four small, sticker-like devices in her hand. She grinned before kneeling down and fixing three of them onto the backs of the animals. "And just one person left." She smiled.

"Did you somehow care for me when I first saw you? I remember when Radio led me into the canyon. You hesitated before grabbing me." She asked curiously. Laying the side of her head against him.

"The way you reacted was almost exactly the same way my old sparkmate did the first time we met." He said, smiling slightly, "I'd been ordered to go to one of the sights that had just been attacked and look for survivors. She was still an Autobot back then, and when she saw me, she also just stood there, accepting her fate to come. I guess, in a good way, I find you two very similar, in how you've reacted in situations and even attitude-wise. That's why I've been unable to hurt you. In a way, I already loved you, if that makes any sense." He laughed quietly at the last part.