Ch.2- I refuse to be a burden

After leaving the doctor's office, Izuku Midoriya walked the familiar halls of U.A. High School with a heavy heart. The weight of his diagnosis pressed upon him, the reality of his condition settling deep into his soul. Each step felt like a burden, reminding him of the secret he now carried.

As he passed by his classmates, their laughter and cheer filled the air, intensifying the turmoil within Izuku. He couldn't bear the thought of burdening them with his pain and suffering. The vibrant smiles on their faces, unaware of the darkness he harbored, only served to deepen his resolve to keep his illness a secret.

His mind raced with conflicting thoughts. How could he burden his friends, his comrades, with the knowledge that their time together was limited? How could he watch the worry etch itself into their faces, the guilt and helplessness reflecting in their eyes? No, he couldn't do it. He couldn't allow them to be weighed down by his affliction.

A solitary tear escaped from Izuku's eye, silently tracing its path down his cheek. The pressure of his decision, the weight of his solitude, overwhelmed him. He sought solace in a secluded corner of the school, a sanctuary where he could let his emotions flow freely.

The weight of the world crashed upon him, and he crumpled to the ground, his body shaking with suppressed sobs. The anguish he had held inside burst forth like a flood, his shoulders heaving with each tearful gasp. He mourned the life he had envisioned, the dreams now tainted by the harsh reality of his condition.

"Why... why does it have to be like this?" he whispered between choked sobs. "I wanted to be a hero, to save others... but now I can't even save myself. How can I face them knowing what I know? How can I watch them suffer because of me?"

In that moment of vulnerability, Izuku's resolve wavered. The weight of his secret threatened to consume him, and he yearned for someone to share his burden. But then, the faces of his friends flashed through his mind—Uraraka, Iida, Kirishima, Todoroki, and even Katsuki. Their unwavering support, their unwavering belief in him. He couldn't bring himself to tarnish their hopes and dreams with the harsh reality he faced.

Through his tears, Izuku forced himself to his feet, wiping away the evidence of his despair. He drew a shaky breath, determined to carry the weight of his illness in solitude. The mask of determination settled back onto his face, concealing the cracks in his heart.

"I have to protect them, even if it means suffering alone," Izuku whispered to himself, his voice filled with a mix of resignation and determination. "I won't let them be burdened by my illness. I'll continue to fight for them, to be their hero, even if it means sacrificing my own happiness."

With newfound determination, Izuku straightened his back and returned to the world of heroes and students, his secret locked away within his shattered heart. From that day forward, he resolved to face each day with a smile, concealing the torment that gnawed at his soul.

Little did he know that his decision would create a rift between his friends and himself, as they struggled to understand his sudden distance and unwavering resolve. But Izuku believed it was a necessary sacrifice, for in his mind, shielding them from pain was the ultimate act of heroism.

Alone, he faced his darkest hours, battling his illness with a tenacity that only those who fight their battles in silence could understand. And though the weight of his secret threatened to crush him at times, he carried on, refusing to let his resolve crumble. The days passed, each one a painful reminder of the secret he guarded with unwavering determination.

In the halls of U.A. High School, Izuku plastered a smile on his face, his laughter ringing hollow in his own ears. He watched his classmates from a distance, studying their interactions with a bittersweet longing. He witnessed their laughter, their camaraderie, and their unwavering support for each other. It both warmed his heart and fueled the anguish within him.

He watched as Uraraka and Iida shared a lighthearted conversation, their voices filled with genuine affection. Kirishima and Katsuki engaged in their usual banter, the sparks of their friendship igniting the air. And Todoroki, with his calm and composed demeanor, seemed to anchor them all with his mere presence.

It was in those moments that Izuku's heart ached the most, for he knew he would never truly be a part of their laughter or their bonds. The weight of his secret had erected an impenetrable barrier, isolating him from the very connections he cherished.

As he observed his friends, a kaleidoscope of emotions danced behind his eyes. He yearned to reach out to them, to share his burden and find solace in their arms. But the fear of shattering their world, the fear of becoming a burden, held him back.

"I can't burden them," he whispered to himself, his voice laced with both determination and sorrow. "They deserve to live their lives without this heavy weight on their shoulders. I will be their pillar of strength, even if it breaks me."

Izuku clenched his fists, his nails digging into his palms as he fought against the storm of emotions threatening to consume him. He longed to let out a cry of despair, to release the anguish that simmered just beneath the surface. But he swallowed it down, pushing it deep within the recesses of his being.

His shoulders sagged, the weight of his secret seemingly magnified by the distance he had created. Loneliness enveloped him like a suffocating blanket, squeezing the air from his lungs. The tears he held back threatened to spill over, his resolve threatening to crumble.

In that moment, Izuku questioned his decision. Was his choice to shoulder the burden alone truly heroic? Or was it simply an act of self-inflicted martyrdom? The line between sacrifice and self-destruction blurred in the depths of his despair.

But amidst the turmoil, a spark of determination flickered within Izuku's eyes. He couldn't allow himself to be consumed by self-doubt. The strength he had exhibited time and again surged within him, reminding him of the hero he aspired to be.

"No," he said, his voice quivering but filled with determination. "I can't let doubt consume me. I chose this path, and I will walk it to the end. My friends... they deserve to live their lives without this shadow hanging over them."

With renewed resolve, Izuku straightened his back and wiped away the traces of his internal struggle. The weight of his secret pressed down upon him, but he carried it with an unwavering determination. Though the darkness threatened to consume him, he would remain their guiding light, even if it meant sacrificing his own well-being.

As he rejoined his classmates, he forced another smile, another laugh, and another act of normalcy. His heart ached, but he would endure the pain in silence, shielding his friends from the truth that threatened to tear them apart.
For now, Izuku Midoriya would remain the silent hero, bearing the weight of his secret in solitude, even as it fractured his soul.

Deep within, he knew the toll this decision would take on him. The cracks in his heart were widening, and the strain of his solitude grew heavier with each passing day. Yet, he pressed on, convinced that shielding his friends from his pain was the right path to take.

But as he masked his suffering, a lingering question haunted him: How long could he keep up the facade? How long until his walls crumbled, revealing the truth he had so fiercely guarded? The uncertainty gnawed at his resolve, threatening to unravel the careful balance he had maintained.

With every passing moment, Izuku's heart grew heavier, burdened by the weight of his secret and the isolation it had brought upon him. But for the sake of his friends, he would continue to bear the weight in silence, even as it wore him down.

In the depths of his despair, a flicker of hope remained—a hope that one day, he might find the strength to reach out, to share his struggle with those he held dear. Until then, he would tread the path of a solitary hero, facing his battles alone, and praying that his sacrifice would protect those he cherished.

Little did he know that the bonds he had formed, the friendships that had shaped his journey, were stronger than he could have ever imagined. And while the weight of his secret threatened to crush him, the light of friendship and love would always find a way to break through the darkness.

With every step he took, Izuku held onto that glimmer of hope, fighting against the odds, and determined to make every moment count. For even in the face of adversity, he remained the symbol of resilience—a silent hero destined to leave an indelible mark on the world.