Ch.6- You're Not Alone

Midoriya sat alone in the corner of the dorm commons, his gaze distant and his thoughts consumed by the weight of his secret. The sounds of laughter and camaraderie filled the air as his classmates engaged in a game of truth or dare. Yet, he couldn't find it within himself to participate, the weight of his impending fate casting a shadow over his spirit.

Todoroki, ever observant, noticed Midoriya's isolation and sensed the heaviness that surrounded him. Concern etched across his features, he excused himself from the game, making his way towards Midoriya's side.

"Hey, Midoriya," Todoroki spoke softly, taking a seat beside him. "Is something bothering you? You've been quiet tonight."

Midoriya mustered a weak smile, his eyes betraying the turmoil within. "I... I'm fine, Todoroki. Just tired, I guess."

Todoroki's eyes narrowed, the depths of his concern evident. "You don't have to pretend with me, Midoriya. We're friends. I can tell when something's wrong. Please, talk to me."

Before Midoriya could respond, Bakugou, who had been silently observing from a distance, stormed over to them, his expression a mix of annoyance and genuine worry. He crossed his arms, his voice sharp. "What the hell is going on, Deku? You've been acting off for days. Don't think you can hide it from me."

Midoriya's defenses went up, a mix of fear and frustration bubbling to the surface. "It's none of your business, Bakugou. Just leave it alone."

Bakugou's eyes burned with determination, his voice surprisingly gentle. "I'm not going to let you deal with this alone. You're my friend, dumbass. We're in this together, whether you like it or not."

Todoroki interjected, his voice calm yet firm. "Bakugou is right, Midoriya. We care about you. We want to help. Please, let us in."

Midoriya's resolve wavered, the weight of his secret nearly unbearable. He looked into the eyes of his friends, seeing the genuine concern and love reflected back at him. The walls he had built around himself began to crumble, and tears welled in his eyes.

"I... I have an illness," Midoriya finally admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "It's terminal. I didn't want to burden any of you with it. I thought it was better to keep it to myself."

Todoroki and Bakugou exchanged glances, the weight of Midoriya's words sinking in. Without hesitation, they both moved closer, enveloping Midoriya in a tight embrace.

"You're not a burden, Deku," Bakugou's voice trembled slightly. "We're here for you, no matter what. We'll fight alongside you."

Todoroki added, his voice filled with determination. "You're not alone in this, Midoriya. We'll find a way to support you and make sure you can stay here, pursuing your dreams."

The tears fell freely from Midoriya's eyes as he embraced his friends, feeling a glimmer of hope in the darkness that had consumed him. In that moment, he realized that he didn't have to face this battle alone. With Todoroki and Bakugou by his side, he had a support system that would carry him through the trials ahead.

As the night grew late, they remained in that embrace, offering comfort and solace to their friend. The truth had been unveiled, and a new chapter in their friendship had begun—one that promised solidarity, unwavering support, and a shared determination to make every moment count. In that embrace, Midoriya felt a flicker of hope ignite within him, illuminating the path forward.

As they held each other tightly, the dorm commons echoed with the soft whispers of understanding and promises of unyielding friendship. The weight of Midoriya's secret, which had burdened him for so long, was now shared among the three of them, lightening the load that he had carried alone.

They stayed like that, wrapped in each other's arms, finding solace in the warmth and comfort they provided. Tears fell, mingling with whispered words of encouragement and reassurance. It was a moment frozen in time, a pivotal turning point in their friendship, as they collectively vowed to face the challenges that lay ahead together.

The night embraced them, cradling their emotions and fostering a sense of unity. Tomorrow would bring new challenges, but for now, they were content in the knowledge that they were not alone.

With a renewed sense of purpose and a stronger bond between them, they eventually parted, preparing for a night of rest and reflection. Tomorrow would bring a new day, and with it, a fresh perspective on how they would support Midoriya in his fight against his illness.

As Midoriya lay in bed, his heart filled with gratitude for the friends he had found in Todoroki and Bakugou. With their unwavering support, he knew that he would be able to face the trials ahead, one step at a time.

The night embraced them in its gentle embrace, offering a respite from the turmoil that had consumed their hearts. And as they drifted into sleep, dreams of resilience, friendship, and unwavering bonds danced through their minds, preparing them for the challenges and triumphs that awaited them in the morning.