Ch.15- Stay

Ok, so this is the most heavily edited chapter so far. It took forever for chat gpt to recognize what I was asking for and even then I had to take fragments of other attempts at this storyline. I also had to add some of my own words in, which might have violated the rules of the challenge because the hard part was going to be getting chat gpt to say exactly what I want it to. So this chapter isn't a good representation of chat gpt, but I like the concept so 🤷‍♀️

———
Aizawa glanced at Todoroki and then turned his attention back to Midoriya. He could see the longing in Todoroki's eyes to be there for his friend, but he also understood the sensitivity of the upcoming conversation. Aizawa took a deep breath, preparing himself for what needed to be said.

"Midoriya, I think it would be best if Todoroki gave us some privacy," Aizawa suggested gently, his voice laced with concern.

Midoriya hesitated for a moment, torn between the desire to confide in both Aizawa and Todoroki. However, as he gazed into Todoroki's eyes, filled with empathy and unwavering support, he couldn't bear the thought of leaving him behind.

"I-I trust Todoroki with everything," Midoriya spoke up, his voice determined yet vulnerable. "He's been there for me through thick and thin. Whatever you need to discuss, Aizawa-sensei, I want him to stay."

Todoroki's eyes widened slightly, touched by Midoriya's words. He had always strived to be a reliable source of support for his friend, and now Midoriya was affirming that trust in the face of uncertainty.

Aizawa paused, his gaze shifting between the two friends. He understood the depth of their connection and the solace they found in each other's presence, but he knows the subject matter might change things.

Aizawa, wearing a pitying expression, asks Midoriya once more if he's really ok with this, "It's about your mother. Are you sure you want him to stay?"

Midoriya freezes, his confidence wavers as he begins to second guess his decision.
"I... I think... maybe it would be better if Todoroki left," Midoriya muttered, his voice filled with uncertainty. He couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that this conversation might be too much for Todoroki.

Todoroki's eyes widened in surprise, his heart sinking at Midoriya's request. He began to rise from his seat, ready to comply with Midoriya's wishes, when he noticed the anxiety creeping into Midoriya's eyes.

However, as Todoroki started to leave, Midoriya's anxiety intensified. The thought of facing this alone suddenly became overwhelming. His heart ached, realizing how much he relied on Todoroki's presence and support.

"W-Wait, Todoroki...," Midoriya stammered, his voice laced with newfound hesitation.

Todoroki halted in his tracks, his eyes meeting Midoriya's with a mix of relief and reassurance.
"I... I don't want to burden you, and I know it's selfish to ask you to stay, but
if you're willing to stay... I think I'd feel better with you by my side... but I understand if you don't want to"
Todoroki's expression softened with understanding he couldn't bear the thought of leaving his friend alone in such a vulnerable moment.

Todoroki, understanding the depth of Midoriya's vulnerability and need for support, does not hesitate, returning to Midoriya's side
"I want to be there for you, Midoriya," Todoroki interjected, his voice gentle yet resolute. "If you're comfortable with it, I'll stay. We face our challenges together, remember?"

Todoroki joined Midoriya on the bed, pulling him into a comforting embrace and wrapping his arm around him. Midoriya nestled against Todoroki's chest, seeking solace in his presence.

"Thank you" Midoriya whispered, his voice laced with gratitude and vulnerability.

Todoroki held him tighter, pressing a gentle kiss on Midoriya's forehead. "You don't have to thank me, Midoriya. I'm here for you. Always."

Midoriya's fingers traced soothing patterns on Todoroki's chest as he found comfort in their closeness. "I-I trust you, Todoroki. More than anyone. I'm sorry for doubting it for a moment. I just didn't want to drag you into this."

Todoroki's arms provided a safe haven for Midoriya, his touch conveying warmth and reassurance. "It's okay, Midoriya. We all have moments of doubt. But we're in this together. Lean on me whenever you need to. I'll be here, holding you up."

Midoriya exhaled a shaky breath, his tense muscles gradually relaxing as he melted into Todoroki's embrace. "Thank you for being here, Todoroki. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Todoroki's voice was filled with unwavering support as he whispered, "You'll never have to find out. I'll always be by your side."

In the quiet space they shared, Todoroki's comforting presence anchored Midoriya, giving him strength as they waited for Aizawa to continue the difficult conversation.

Aizawa observed the exchange, recognizing the profound connection between Midoriya and Todoroki. He saw the relief that washed over Midoriya's face as Todoroki stayed, understanding the immense comfort that came from having a trusted friend by his side.

"Alright, Todoroki," Aizawa relented, his voice softened by empathy. "Stay with Midoriya. We'll face this together, including the topic of your mother."

With Todoroki granted permission to stay, Midoriya's anxiety began to subside. The weight of the upcoming conversation remained, but he found solace in Todoroki's unwavering presence and support. Todoroki tightened his grip, offering a silent reassurance as they prepared to navigate the difficult path ahead.

And so, with Todoroki at his side, Midoriya braced himself for the challenging discussion about his mother. Their bond grew stronger, anchoring them in a shared strength and determination to face the truth together.