Ch.11- A crushing reality

Friendly reminder- this was written by a machine, not a human. Feel free to absolutely rip apart any plot inconsistencies and be as critical as possible ;)

Aizawa sat in his office, his heart heavy with the weight of the conversation he had just had with Midoriya's specialist. He took a deep breath and dialed the familiar number, seeking solace and guidance in the voice on the other end of the line.

As the call connected, Aizawa relayed everything he had learned about Midoriya's condition. The doctor listened attentively, their voice filled with empathy and understanding. Aizawa held his breath, awaiting their response.

"I'm afraid the progression of the disease is as we feared," the doctor began, their tone gentle yet tinged with sorrow. "After six months, Midoriya will no longer be able to withstand the physical demands of hero training. However, he should be able to continue with academic pursuits for approximately six more months after that."

Aizawa clenched his fist, his heart aching at the limited time they had left. The doctor continued, "In the second year, Midoriya's health will deteriorate further. He will gradually lose his ability to walk and become significantly weaker. For his safety, he will need to be homebound during this period, which may last for about three months."

Aizawa's grip tightened on the phone as the doctor's words sank in. "After the three-month mark, Midoriya will rely on a wheelchair for mobility. He can stay at home, but as the disease progresses and he begins coughing up blood, he will need to be admitted to the hospital. This stage can last for approximately six months."

The weight of the prognosis settled heavily upon Aizawa's shoulders. The doctor's voice continued, "During this time, Midoriya will experience intense nausea, blood loss, and a rapid decline in his physical condition. After one month in the hospital, he will lose his ability to move, becoming paralyzed from the neck down. This occurs over a period of one month."

Aizawa's voice trembled as he listened to the devastating progression. "And what happens after that?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

There was a brief pause before the doctor responded, their voice filled with compassion. "In the following week, Midoriya will lose his ability to communicate, and the week after that, he will lose consciousness. How long he survives after that point can vary. During that week, he will be given the option of hospice care. If he chooses that option, his passing may occur within days, possibly even before losing his ability to speak. If he decides to stay at the hospital and continue fighting, he will lose consciousness and gradually decline until his inevitable passing, which can happen within a matter of weeks."

Silence hung in the air as Aizawa processed the heart-wrenching reality. He thanked the doctor for their time, his voice heavy with emotion, and ended the call.

With trembling hands, he set the phone down and buried his face in his palms. The weight of the knowledge crushed his spirit, and tears welled in his eyes. Aizawa felt the crushing grief seep into his bones.

In that moment of despair, he knew he couldn't face this alone. He dialed another number, his voice choked with emotion as he explained everything he had just learned about Midoriya's condition to Mic.

Aizawa's husband, Present Mic, raced to the hospital, his heart filled with worry and a fierce determination to support his partner. As he entered the room, he saw Aizawa, broken and vulnerable. Mic wrapped his arms around Aizawa, holding him close, sharing in his pain and offering solace.

In that tight embrace, Aizawa allowed himself to release the flood of emotions he had been holding back. The tears streamed down his face as he clung to Mic, seeking comfort and strength amidst the devastating news. Mic held him tightly, his presence a pillar of unwavering support.

They stood there, embracing each other, allowing their shared tears to flow freely. The weight of the situation settled upon them both, but together they found solace in each other's arms.

No words were needed in that moment. Aizawa felt the love and warmth radiating from Mic, providing a sense of stability in the face of despair. They remained locked in their embrace, finding solace in their shared grief.

Time seemed to stand still as they held each other, drawing strength from their connection. In the midst of the overwhelming darkness, their bond remained unbreakable.

Eventually, the tears subsided, and Aizawa lifted his head from Mic's shoulder, his gaze meeting Mic's understanding eyes. Though the road ahead seemed insurmountable, they knew they would face it together.

Aizawa took a deep breath, his voice steady but filled with determination. "We'll be there for Midoriya every step of the way," he whispered, his voice filled with a mix of sorrow and resolve.

Mic nodded, his grip on Aizawa firm yet gentle. "We won't let him face this alone," he affirmed, his voice unwavering.

In that shared moment of strength and unity, Aizawa and Mic forged a silent vow to be Midoriya's unwavering support system. They would navigate the treacherous journey ahead, doing everything within their power to ensure that their student and friend felt loved, cherished, and protected.

Together, they would face the heartbreaking challenges that lay ahead, holding onto hope even in the face of despair. They would be there for Midoriya, supporting him every step of the way, as the battle against his illness intensified.

And with that unbreakable resolve, Aizawa and Mic stood side by side, ready to face the uncertain future, fueled by love, compassion, and the unwavering bond they shared with Midoriya.