Ch.9- the hospital

As Aizawa stepped into the hospital room, relief washed over him as he saw Midoriya's pale but stable form resting in the bed. Bakugou and Todoroki stood beside him, their expressions a mix of concern and relief.

A gentle knock on the door caught their attention, and a doctor entered the room. Aizawa's gaze shifted to the doctor, his face displaying a combination of weariness and worry. The doctor motioned for Aizawa to step outside, a serious look etched upon their face.

In the quiet solitude of the hallway, the doctor began to speak, their voice hushed but filled with gravity. Aizawa's eyes widened with each word, his mind struggling to comprehend the weight of the information being shared.

"The hospital has been trying to reach Midoriya's legal guardian," the doctor said, their tone tinged with concern. "But there seems to be a misunderstanding. According to our records, Midoriya has no legal guardian listed."

Aizawa's heart skipped a beat, his mind racing as he processed the implications of those words. The doctor continued, their voice laced with empathy, "We were informed that Midoriya's mother passed away in a tragic accident two years ago. The hospital believed he was living with his father, but upon further investigation, it seems that was not the case."

Shock coursed through Aizawa's veins, his thoughts swirling in a whirlwind of realization. Midoriya had been shouldering the weight of his circumstances all on his own, keeping his struggles hidden from those around him. Aizawa's heart ached for the burden his young student had carried.

The doctor's next words pierced through the haze of Aizawa's thoughts. "Given the situation, the hospital will have to consider foster care options for Midoriya."

Aizawa's breath caught in his throat, and in that pivotal moment, he made a split-second decision. With unwavering determination, he looked the doctor in the eye and said, "I will take temporary custody of Midoriya."

As a pro hero and a teacher at UA, Aizawa knew he had the necessary credentials to assume the role of Midoriya's legal guardian, even if only temporarily. He couldn't bear the thought of Midoriya being placed in an unfamiliar environment, stripped of the few familiar anchors he had left.

The doctor regarded him with a mix of surprise and understanding, their concern softened by Aizawa's unwavering resolve. "We will provide you with the necessary paperwork. Please fill it out as soon as possible."

Aizawa nodded, his mind filled with a newfound determination. He would navigate the legalities and logistics, ensuring that Midoriya had the stability and support he deserved. No longer would Midoriya face the trials of life alone.

But for now, Aizawa turned his attention back to the hospital room, where Midoriya awaited their return. The path ahead may be challenging, but they would face it together.