Ch.10- Bad News

The doctor returned to Aizawa's side, a folder filled with paperwork in their hands. Aizawa took a deep breath, bracing himself for the weight of the information that would be shared.

The doctor began to speak, their voice calm yet tinged with a touch of sadness. They meticulously explained the progression of Midoriya's illness, detailing the potential symptoms that may arise in the future. Aizawa listened intently, absorbing every word, his heart heavy with the weight of the prognosis.

"Midoriya's condition is quite severe," the doctor explained, their voice filled with empathy. "The illness has reached an advanced stage, and while we can provide supportive care, it will inevitably continue to progress."

Aizawa's grip on the paperwork tightened, his knuckles turning white. The doctor continued, "Given the current progression, we estimate that Midoriya has approximately two years before the illness fully takes over."

The words hung in the air, echoing in Aizawa's mind. The finite time they had with Midoriya, their determined student who dreamed of becoming a hero, suddenly felt all too fleeting. Aizawa's heart ached as he grappled with the weight of the responsibility resting upon his shoulders.

As the doctor concluded their briefing and left the room, Aizawa remained in the silence, his thoughts swirling in turmoil. The decision to disclose this devastating truth to his students weighed heavily on his mind. He understood the importance of honesty, but he also recognized the delicate balance between protecting Midoriya's wishes and allowing his friends to support him.

In that moment, Aizawa made a choice. He would keep Midoriya's condition a secret for now, allowing him the space to decide when and how he wanted to share this burden with his friends. Aizawa would be there to support him, ready to guide and protect him as needed.

With a heavy sigh, Aizawa glanced at the paperwork, a visual reminder of the challenges they would face together. He would honor Midoriya's trust, shielding him from unnecessary worry and allowing him to continue pursuing his dreams, even in the face of such adversity.

But deep down, Aizawa knew that this secret could not remain hidden forever. The day would come when Midoriya would need the strength of his friends by his side. And when that time arrived, Aizawa would be there, ready to face whatever lay ahead together.

In the quiet solitude of the hospital room, Aizawa wrestled with his conflicting emotions, his resolve solidifying. Their journey had just begun, and he was determined to do everything in his power to ensure that Midoriya's spirit would shine bright, even in the face of impending darkness.