salty kiss [denmark x reader]

Swiping fingers trailed up your spine, causing you to shiver. He pulled you closer to him, kisses trailing along your hairline, down your jaw. You plucked at his t-shirt with lithe fingers, tilting your head and smiling up at the taller blonde.

The morning was cool, window cracked open and a breeze fluttering the linen curtains where you embraced, caught in the simple moment that was filled with comfortable silence.

Glancing up at his blue eyes, you watched closely the tiredness and stress hidden behind layers of aquamarine and azure.

You raised up onto tiptoes to kiss him on the corner of his mouth, murmuring something vague about 'not worrying' and 'being okay.'

As he rested his hands on your waist, something wet fell onto your shoulder.

Looking up, he was crying. Little drops of moisture speckled his face and you kissed each one off, smiling as tears formed in your eyes along with his, burying your face into his chest. His thumbs swiped across your face, across your lips, dancing without abandon as he pulled you into a final kiss, before pulling away.

"I. . . probably won't come home for a while."

You could only nod and hand him his military jacket wordlessly.

"I love you." You could only choke out.

"I love you too."

One final brush with his lips against yours that was over all too soon,

then he was gone.

I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN A WHILE SO HERE'S THIS TRASH

IDK I'VE BEEN READING SO MUCH AOT FEELSY STUFF THAT I WROTE THIS

xx crescent