platonic [2p!canada x reader]

and then the cold came, the dark days

when fear crept into my mind

you gave me all your love and all I gave you was "goodbye"

Curled up in a duvet, music played in your ears as the soft glow of your phone lit up your face, humming with the sound of a new message.

matt: hey uh [f/n], it's been a while. i'm going to be in town and wondered if i could see you again?

Shocked, you almost dropped your phone. Matt was an ex of yours who you had pushed away harshly, unknowingly, until he moved from your high school. The loss was nothing for you to be interested in as you had never really liked him anyways. He knew it, so why was he messaging you now of all times?

∞∞∞

[f/n] is typing. . .

[f/n]: matt? it's been ages, what are you doing back?

Behind the lucid screen, he winced. It was clear she still disliked him, but he was ready to pursue a relationship with her, even if it was just to be friends with her, to be close to her. He paused before biting his lip as he typed back a response.

matt: sorry to bother you like that.

matt: i'm not sure really, i guess i wanted to see you.

[f/n]: if this is about us, as in us as a couple, i'm sorry

[f/n] is typing. . .

He cursed loudly, frantically trying to punch in a response before she did.

matt: it's not that!

matt: i guess i want to be friends?

∞∞∞

Friends? As in "well let's try to be friends"? You still had a feeling that that wasn't what he wanted. There was something in there, even through a text.

matt is typing. . .

matt: i bet you're not responding right?

matt: can't blame you. well, if you want to meet me i'll be at the cafe on clearwater av.

matt is offline

∞∞∞

Nervously staring at the door, you waited from your perch on a chair by a window, hand about to squeeze the paper cup of tea to pieces. When the cheerful chime of the bell on the doorknob sounded, and Matt walked in, you jumped in surprise, spilling hot tea everywhere and yelping in pain. He looked torn between helping you and laughing.

"Uh. . . probably not the best way to meet you."

You had to agree with that.

"Probably not."

∞∞∞

Over a (new) cup of tea, you mended things slowly, but not without a few tears.

"So. . . we'll try to make this work?"

You smiled.

"Yeah. We will."

but this is me swallowing my pride

standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night."

--

SHTTY ENDING IS SHT LMAO

IGNORE ME

SUPER OLD REQUEST FROM cronagrell

seriously s/o to them bc they are rad af for dealing with me being a terrible person hAH

it's been a while hasn't it? i missed you guys !!

(songfic song: back to december by the one and only tay tay swift)

xx crescent