cold snap [russia x reader]

dedicated to: @Sydania_Loves_Russia

---

It was cold out, so to speak. Buried under a pile of blankets and pillows, you sighed sadly. Your boyfriend Ivan was in Russia for UN meeting, leaving you at home.
You gazed at the TV that you had set to a low volume, but the warmth had started setting in, and your eyelids started getting heavy.. before you knew it you were fast asleep.

When you woke up, (e/c) eyes dull you realized it was dark and freezing, and the TV had turned off. Removing a hand from your comfy warm nest you reached for the remote, clicking it a few times before dropping it to the floor with a frown.
Great. The power was out.

Draping a blanket around your shivering frame, you stumbled through the darkened living room and in trembling fingers lifted your cellphone, dialling the Russian man's number and lifting the phone to your ear.
"Privyet! This is Russia speaking." Your heart leapt a little hearing his voice.
"Ivan, it's just me" you responded. "The power's out and it's cold so I felt like talking to you." Walking back to your blanket nest, you curled up and waited for his reply.
"I wish I could be there to help my sunflower but England told us the meeting needs to continue for a few more days since we got nothing done, da?" You smiled a little, knowing how dysfunctional their meetings could be.
"It's okay Ivan."
"I'll try to be home as soon as I can, sunflower." You bit back a sob.
"I love you"
"I love you too (f/n)"
You were left with the dial tone ringing in your ear. Letting a tear or two fall you tried not to completely break, pulling the softest blanket to your face and curling into it. The noise of the door opening caused you to blink in the dark, freezing in horror as a tall figure came into view.

Could this day get any worse?

"(f/n)?" Hold up, it was.. Ivan? All at once everything clicked and you leaped onto him, his strong arms encircling you waist as he kissed the top of your head and smiled. Kissing him back on his cheek, his violet eyes studied your face.
"Have you been crying? Has someone hurt my sunflower?" His eyes darkened. You smiled a bit at him.
"Everything's fine now that you're here" you said, capturing his lips in a kiss. Carrying you to the couch, he took off his coat and boots, then somehow set you down on the couch in the middle of your nest. Pulling a fleecy blanket over the both of you, lying down on the couch and pulling you flush against his side. Resting your head on his warm chest, listening ti the thud of his heart you had a question all of a sudden.
"Ivan, you said the meeting was extended? How did you get home?" Ivan smiled one of his creepier smiles.
"Mr. Pipe talked some sense into them, da? Russia is cold and I think many of the nations wanted to get home to their families, Mr. Pipe just convinced them."
You shivered a little bit. As adorable as he could be, he was still a bit crazy at times, but you loved him for it.
Trapping his lips with yours, his tongue grazed your bottom lip and slipped through your parted mouth. Pulling away you whimpered a little, but kissed him again, not wanting to be submissive. The Russian's hands entangled in your (h/l) (h/c) strands and tugged a little. You murmured into the kiss
"I love you Ivan"
"I love you too my sunflower."

--
Cliched and sappy? yes.
Leave a comment!