the perks of being iceland [iceland x reader]

There were a lot of nice things about being Iceland, (f/n) decided just a few days before Christmas eve. So she would follow him around and list these things, and give it to him for Christmas. Sounded good to her.

Day 1 (Dec 20th)

perk 1: you get a talking puffin

The (h/c) girl wasn't the largest fan of Mr. Puffin, but he did tolerate her enough for her to talk to him for just a few brief moments.
"Mr. Puffin, how long have you lived with Ice?" She asked one day, settling down beside the bird perched on the arm of a comfy chair.
"Ah, since he was a lil squirt. You know, found him crying in a hot spring, wearin his lil white man-dress. Ya know what I'm sayin?"
She smiled.
"I hear you. Do you have any photos of the two of you?"
He nodded, as only puffins can and flew off, only to return a few minutes later, a polaroid picture grasped in his bright beak.
You took the photo from him and smiled at it, it was Emil and Mr. Puffin, Emil looking bored even as Mr. Puffin sat on his head, tangling his hair in his claws.
You grinned and stroked his feathers.
"Thanks, this is perfect."

Day 2: (December 21st)

perk 2: volcanoes.

Iceland was known for it's active volcanic activity, which also made up for her boyfriend's somewhat hotheaded personality.
Either way, it was interesting to see at times. You remembered that one time, he had gotten so worked up over a game of 'Go Fish', he had threatened to kill his brother Lukas in his sleep with his own hat.
Either way, everyone had their moments. Emil just had his often.

"Hey (f/n), do you wanna play a videogame with me?" You nodded at Emil.
"Nothing violent though or you'll end up bursting a blood vessel." He rolled his eyes but didn't say anything, so you got to choose.
"Minecraft okay with you?" He gave you a half-smile.
"Sure, I suppose."
You settled on the floor, controller in your lap. As you world booted up and you began to play, Emil was soon slaughtered by a zombie much to your amusement.
His pale face darkened to a red colour and you bit your lip to keep from laughing as you continued.
But you couldn't hold it in as your boyfriend died for the 17th time, this time by drowning himself. You laughed. Hard. Your whole body shook and your eyes got glossy.
He looked at you still, like a disheveled little puppy.
Finally you stopped as he rolled his eyes and left.
"Sorry Emil! Didn't mean it!"
A few days later, you got the notice that one of his volcanoes had erupted.

Day 3: (December 22nd)

perk 3: LOL (lots of liquorice)

It was obvious that Emil was a liquorice fan, so at one point within dating him, the two of you had attempted to make liquorice together, ending in a sticky mess but you had grabbed your phone and snapped a selfie, both of you covered in the sticky tarlike goo. It wasn't pretty but, it sure was funny.

Quickly, you sent the photo to your computer to print, after nabbing the photo from the printer you tucked it away into your slowly developing scrapbook.

Day 4: (December 23rd)

perk 4: stubborn as heck

Rather than giving in to Lukas's sassy 'call me big brother' remarks, Emil chose to remain stoic and unflappable.

Of course, he would always go to his room to scream into his pillow afterwards, a strange sound you managed to catch on tape. Honestly, it belonged in a horror movie.

--

On Christmas eve you handed him the silver-wrapped shoebox gently, blushing and looking away. Emil said nothing, but opened it.

His face went through a range of emotions, from surprised to pleased to laughing within a matter of seconds.

Surprising you with a quick kiss on your mouth, he smiled.

"It must be pretty good to be me, huh."

--

OH GOD IM SORRY I HAD THIS IN MY DRAFTS FOR AGES

IM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY @Certified_Hetalian

I had it finished a really long time ago but never published it oh lordy :'(

happy friday the 13th lmao

xx distant