any other way [2p!demon!america x reader]

"Love cuts like a knife. It's not something to be played with"

Some would say it was. . . unnatural for a girl of her standing to be with one of hellish descent. To [f/n] [l/n], daughter of the esteemed nobleman Fredrick Middleton, it was almost as simple as breathing.

It had started out as a marking on her collarbone, a contract if you will, a dark red circle with a dizzying pattern of interlocking stars. [f/n] hadn't expected it to become much more.
Strangely, she had fallen for the red-eyed servant, and he to her.

There was one more piece to the puzzle, and that was that [f/n] was sick. Many doctors had told both her and her father that she wouldn't live to age eighteen, but here she was on her eighteenth birthday, nervously fiddling with a ribbon on her dress.
"Lady [f/n]? Are you ready? Your escort has arrived, he is waiting for you downstairs."
"I am, thank you for telling me. You may come in."
You replied nervously as the door opened gently, revealing the face of the head maid, Gabrielle.
She was from France, and had been your caretaker ever since your mother passed.
"My Lady, you look very pretty. Now, you must go greet your guest." You nodded, face set in a smile.

~~~

He was lithe and relaxed with a shock of black hair and dark brown eyes, smiling an easy smile at you. 

"My Lady [f/n]." You curtsied as you stepped off the last step, the picture of elegance in a delicate pale blue gown. He bowed in turn, introducing himself as Sir Jasper Abbey. He seemed nice enough, but you had no wish to marry him. Unfortunately, that was what was in the cards for you. 

"You look quite splendid, my Lady." You stopped daydreaming and blinked in surprise before thanking him. 

"Shall we be off then?" 

Your father clapped his hands in approval, smiling warmly at you. 

"The carriage is waiting out front. I'll be out in just a moment. And Jasper my boy, thank you for holding this ball for our dear [f/n]" With another sly smile, Jasper offered his arm to you. 

"It was nothing, after all nothing is too exquisite for the dear Lady [f/n]."

~~~

You remembered how utterly dull parties were, even though it was a party for you. Absentmindedly, you glanced around the room while you danced with Jasper. 

"My Lady, is everything to your liking?"

"Oh yes, everything is lovely." You smiled, feeling like your face was made of plastic. "I feel a little bit tired though, may we take a rest?" 

"Of course." He led you to a soft couch and you gratefully sat down, motioning for Jasper to do the same. 

"I'll fetch us something to drink." You nodded, watching the waltzers on the floor. A flicker of movement next to you caused you to jump. 

As you turned, whoever had settled next to you murmured. 

"Don't look. Meet me in the gardens at midnight."

Shocked, you wondered who the person could be as they stood, melting back into the crowd. 

"Your drink, my Lady?" You smiled at Jasper as he handed you the delicate glass of liquid. 

"Thank you. And please, call me [f/n]." He dipped his head in acknowledgement. 

The two of you shared comfortable chatter until you heard the deep toll of the grandfather clock near the wall. 

"Oh, I need some air." 

"May I accompany you?"

"Oh, no need. I'll be back in just a moment." You wandered out one of the large glass doors into the dusk-cloaked garden, the perfume of many flowers filling the air. After a few minutes of walking, you reached what seemed like the centre of the the garden, before two gloved hands slipped over your eyes, causing you to shriek. 

"Shh! It's me." You almost stopped breathing. 

"Allan? It couldn't be." The mystery person removed his hands from your face, spinning you to look at him. It really was, and you embraced him happily at this. 

"I didn't think you would come!"

"Who do you think drove your carriage?" 

You smiled at that. Allan was a demon. Well, your demon. He worked at your manor as a footman, but moments with him were rare. 

"Well my Lady, may I have this dance?" He smirked, offering you a hand. You took it as he pulled you close, swaying to some unknown music that only he heard. 

You stayed like that for lifetimes, until he stiffened. 

"They're out looking for you, [f/n]. You'd best get back." With a nod, you pressed a kiss to his cheek quickly. 

~~~

Just as you slipped back into the ballroom, one of the maids came up to you. 

"My Lady, Sir Jasper is looking for you." Thanking the maid you headed off in search of the dark haired man, before stopping short. There on the couch where you had once sat was another girl, his arm lazily looped around her shoulders. It's not like you had liked him very much, but it still stung to see him with another. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Allan smirking from where he stood. 

"Want me to do something about it?" Though he only whispered, you heard it loud and clear. A nod, and Allan was across the room in a few steps, speaking to Jasper, then leading him out of the room. 

Heartbeats later, Allan returned to your side, and you followed him out back into the garden. 

"Is he dealt with?"

"Of course, my lady." 

You smiled. 

"And that's why I love you."

~~~

request from BlueButterflyMiss

omfg okay this was SUPER based off of black butler because I don't know like i just really like the idea of allan being like the biggest gentleman to his s/o but a jackass to everyone else hahaha 

but um yeah hope you liked it!!! i had tons of fun writing it :) 

also. . .

if you have a snapchat add me! i'm haleeneekat and if you add me you can see what stuff i'm working on in wattpad and new stories and anything else that's going on in my life. also you can message me at 3am screaming about ships i'm down man. so add me and i'll add you back, just let me know you're from wattpad :) don't be shy!! 

you guys are hella rad i've said this before but B-) raddest of the rad i have the best followers tbh 

xx crescent