The boy in town

~ No POV ~

(Link only speaks around the people he's comfortable with, and if it's just certain words, he's still getting used to talking.)

Link had walked all the way across the dessert to compliment a man to get Vai clothing to go into Gerudo town, and as soon as he walks in, he sees a Male Hylian standing at the jewelers, fumbling around in his bag.
What the heck?! Link didn't approach but instead eavesdropped, as he wanted to figure out why none of the guards only a few feet away weren't throwing him out.

He handed the Gerudo woman ten flint, and in return, she handed him a Sapphire circlet, promising that it would help him with the heat.
Link wondered why the h/c teen would even bother when he could just take off his shirt and put on some shorts.

The Hylian thanked her, then left for other stores. He wandered up to the meat stands, buying some simmered meat for an early dinner.
He turned to a Gerudo lady who had just come out of her home and said, "I'm going to go and explore. Make sure to tell the others to expect me." and left.
Link guessed that the voe was talking about the guards, who had been at the entrances, making sure no male (besides this one?) came into the village.

Link watched as the h/c boy walked past him, his e/c eyes shimmering in excitement.
Link could feel his cheeks burn for a minute, but he guessed it was from the heat of the mask and the sun that was shining directly on his face.
His stomach seemed to knot too, but he reckoned it was from the raw drumstick he had eaten on his way to town. He was starting to wonder if he could've just bought food from the shop instead of eating it raw from his scheduled hunts in the wild.

On impulse, Link followed the boy. He didn't know why, but he did. Surely the Gerudo people could wait a while longer.
First, the male went to Kara Kara Bazaar and ended up going to the roof of the building to talk to the 'woman' that was stationed there at that time of day.
After that, the guy just ended up swimming in the water, keeping his clothes on. Link wondered why he refused to take anything off.

It was almost midnight when he got out of the water, sitting by the edge and looking up at the sky, sometimes talking to himself about the constellations in the sky. Link joined him, and surprisingly, the guy didn't complain.
There was a moment of comfortable silence before he asked, "Why did you follow me?" Link combated the question with another, "Why you allowed in town?" Link didn't talk often, so his voice was scratchy and deeper than normal.
He had never been the type to voice his opinions, and having nobody to talk to didn't help either. Nobody talked to him unless they wanted something. Link guessed that this was also the case. The boy wanted an answer.

"I was born there, and I seem to be smarter than other men. I'm like a brother to everyone in town. Your turn," he spoke, and Link started, "Saw you-" but stopped after a voice crack. The male laughed but motioned for him to continue.
The teen did, saying slowly to get it right, "I need to appease the divine beast." The other had gone back to stargazing, saying, "You still didn't explain why you followed me." Link thought before speaking. "You're interesting."

Everything went silent again, but the 'mysterious' male didn't press. Instead, he continued to point out constellations. Link had taken off his mask, but the other didn't seem shocked, saying, "The Gerudo are blind. Anyone could see it."
Link didn't let his thoughts linger on the statement. When the sun started rising, the boy got up. Link followed. Everything was still quiet, but by now, the Gerudo shopkeepers were awake once more in order to sell their goods.

"I'm Y/n." The male introduced as Link managed to grunt out his name.
Y/n didn't seem too surprised by any of the blonde's behaviors, finding them almost completely normal.
"You know, you don't have to go in dressed as a girl." Y/n offered, and Link's eyebrow raised slightly as he listened to the other's thought. "I mean, anyone who's a friend of mine can come in. I have great judgment." Link pondered but eventually shook his head, saying, "I'll prove myself."

Y/n started to walk back to Gerudo town, with Link following. Sometimes Y/n would point out something, but other than that, the trip back was enclosed in a comfortable silence- until Y/n groaned, "I'm Hoootttt!" and Link replied with an "Obviously." That was the moment Link made his first obvious slip-up.
His face was burning, and his hands were already trying to cover his face in embarrassment. Y/n on the other hand, was unaffected and didn't notice, saying, "I know! The sun JUST rose! Why is it this hot so early?"

Link recovered and asked simply, "Shirt?" Y/n quickly explained, "If I did, the whole town would either freak out or stare." Link pointed to his sapphire circlet. "It doesn't really help with the heat all that much..."
Y/n sighed at that, but the subject was left as soon as the pair walked through the gates, and he said to a guard, "I brought a lost vai back. Stuck in the dessert, poor thing." Link glared as the voe smirked.

Link dragged the male into the town square, up the steps, and to Riju's palace or home. Link kneels, and Riju motions for him to stand, eyebrows raised in confusion as she sees Y/n standing, arms crossed over his chest. Link stood and joined Riju's glances.

Unlike Link, Riju bit her lip and started to flirt. Y/n sent several glares, desperate looks, and signs of help to Link, but he, being the awkward teen he was, just stood there and watched uncomfortably.
Riju was twelve, and Y/n was 17. It was all too weird and unreal to have a child flirt with an uninterested teen. After a while, when Y/n had enough, he stated, "The ONLY reason I came up here was to lead her to you to tell you that she wants to appease the beast."

Riju's eyes made their way to meet Link's, and the 'female' was shocked when he received a harsh glare and a simply cruel, "Really?" Riju sounded disgusted. Link was already starting to regret his life choices- or at least the ones he remembered.
He had already been to Mipha and Revali's divine beasts and had all thirteen memory pictures on his Sheika slate and the paintings (he wanted to remember Zelda completely before saving her). He still wonders what his life was like before he drew the sword or was to be Zelda's royal guard.

"Riju! Stop it!" Y/n groaned, "She's not into me!" Link felt a pang in his chest. Riju's attitude still lingered as she said, "Okay, then go and find the helm. Prove me your worth." Link left, grumbling and groaning.
Y/n made sure to leave the room with him, and the two split up, promising to meet up again when he was done in town square. Of course, it was a full two days before Link came back, and when he did, he was badly injured.

"What the hell did you do?!" you yelled while patching up his wounds at an inn. "Bad sneaker." he huffed, and you tried to hide a laugh as you jokingly asked, "How can you stay silent with all that stuff in your pockets? I mean, just look at this demon carver!"
You were holding it by the sharp end, and he quickly took it away from you in a panic. You laughed at his actions, "Awe! Someone worried I'll get hwurt?" He nodded, and you gave him an eye roll in return.

"Anyways..." You said, "Talk to Riju, heal up for a few days, then go ahead and tackle that divine beast. I'll be cheering you on from here." Link nodded and made his way back to Riju. You watched the way he exaggerated his hip movements and laughed silently.

/Notes/

Your Trans, and most of the town knows
Link is hasn't come out, but he's Bisexual
(He's also slightly clueless in the love department)

I also made Riju lesbian, but the guards want her to find a perfect mate,
so she's slightly forced to flirt with the only man in town: You.

Tell me if you have any thoughts, and anyone who doesn't like this can stop reading.
Please give me ideas. I don't really know what to do from here XD

THIS IS ALSO MY FIRST LEGEND OF ZELDA BOOK :)
I love breath of the wild, the switch remake of Link's awakening, and I just recently (3 days ago) got tears of the kingdom!