What? I can't support my boyfriend?

/You/

I woke up to find an empty bed upstairs, and an open diary. I didn't dare touch it, or any of his things. I stumbled outside, basking in the sun's afternoon light. I guessed Link let me sleep in early.
I walked into town, and the first thing I saw was him fighting off six Yiga members. I took down four with my bow, and as he's usually clingy the first few moments I wake up, he jumps to my side and cheers.

A Yiga member gags in disgust, "Ew, are you two dating?" Link looks at him and says straight into that guy's eyes, completely serious, "What? I can't support my boyfriend?"
The Yiga memeber) had to fall to his knees and clean out his mask because he threw up while the other took of his mask to stare at Link.
It was the first time someone in the clan (or Hateno village) had ever heard him speak. Link's face was hotter than the lava on death mountain as he turned to you and attempted to explain.

At that moment, you had a burst of courage (You'll have to thank your voe-and-you instructors later) you grabbed his collar and kissed him.

/Link/

I don't even know what happened after that. All I knew, was that Y/n kissed me, I liked it, and my wrist was burning. After Y/n backed up, I stared at my wrist.
I was never one for tattoos, but when I woke up, I had a broken, red, heart on my wrist. Now, it was fixed and golden. I felt as though I had eaten five hearty meals and six hearty potions.

And it was at that moment I had a flashback.

-Flashback-

"Eww! Me? I don't even LIKE you, Link! Grosss!" Zelda squeaked, clearly trying not to barf. I was holding back tears, expensive chocolates on the ground and stomped on.
I could recall that I wasn't into Zelda, but I still wanted to do something nice for her.
I knew chocolate was rare in the calamity era (as well as the sugar needed to make it), and I remember spending every penny on it for her.

That was the day my red heart on my wrist just-- broke. In two, never to be mended.

_Reality_

"Link?! Are you okay?!" I could hear Y/n shouting, snapping me out of it. The other two Yiga had fled, and I was left staring and showing my wrist to him as I explained, "Flashback. Somehow, I know great fairy has more info."
So, we teleported to Kakariko village, where there was a great fairy not too far away from the shrine. She gasped when I showed her my wrist.

"What?" I asked, and she gasped again. Great. I forgot I never really talked. I was usually too absorbed in my own thoughts. I waited for her to calm down and she started to inform us.

" There are three souls. All part of the triforce. Hero's spirit, courage. Hylia's reincarnation, wisdom. Gannon, power. But in the center of the triforce, there was another. A peace keeper. Destined to be the soulmate of all three parts. The most powerful of them all.

The three souls of the triforce get a red heart on their wrists at birth, something to identify their bond. Usually, they would get the triforce on their hand, but in soulmate cases- like this one- only Zelda got the triangle and heart on her wrist.

Link. Zelda broke your red heart. Hers is fine. Gannon's is broken, and golden, signifying that only Y/n could treat that being as his own. But Link, your heart. It fixed with Y/n's love, locking it in a golden embrace.

Y/n can understand monsters, and has the most strength out of all three, not being included in the triforce, but still involved. He was the god who created gods and goddesses. Even Hylia. Now, his soul has come to save us all. "

By the end of the speech, the supposed male god was trembling next to me.
Then, suddenly, he passed out.
"Y/n?! Y/n?!?!" I called out to him, checking his pulse.
He was alive, and that was enough to put me at ease.

I ended up carrying him like a pretty little princess all the way back to my bed, where I tucked him in. I smiled and brushed a strand of his hair off his forehead.
I only then did I realize how hot his face was. A fever. I reached to feel for the comfort of the master sword on my back, hoping it would guide me, but it wasn't there.

I looked around the whole house, trying to find the sword that seals the darkness, but it wasn't there.
I turned to look at Y/n again, and I dropped the sword's priority, getting a piece of cloth from my closet, I went to the pond near my house to soak it.

I came back to find the sword floating in front of Y/n's crumpled figure, flashing worriedly, but as soon as it sensed my presence, it flew over to the table and pretended to be there the whole time.
I held in a groan. I didn't know what happened, but I knew that the sword was feeling the same way I was. It too, had no idea how to help. Maybe the great fairy WAS a bad idea.

I paced for an hour or two, called Purah to ask how to take care of people (for some reason, she's the only person I can contact, besides Zelda, but she's stuck with Gannon right now) and even tried making edible food (I failed, but I tried).
Nothing seemed to make Y/n better, and the longer it took to help, the deeper unconsciousness Y/n seemed to go in. By now, I was beyond worried, so I went back to the great fairy to ask what was happening.

She nonchalantly shrugged and said, "He didn't have his heart before, so he's draining magic from his reserves to make one. A status for himself. A symbol of peace. Don't worry, it's only natural." 

I almost shot her with a bomb arrow.