Divine Darkness

It was probably a week later. You and Link had been on Death Mountain for almost a week. "Ittttssss sssooooo hooootttt!" You complained. At this point, you were in your binder and a pair of shorts (you NEVER went out like that, so if it was THAT BAD, it was truly something to worry about), and Link was shirtless and in a pair of shorts nearly identical to yours.
"We're almost there, stop complaining." He sighed, wiping the sweat off his eyebrow. His hair was in a messy bun to keep it off his neck. Otherwise, the hair would start sticking to it, and everyone knows how uncomfortable that is.

Your hair was only long enough to clip it up and out of the way (because you preferred it long but still boyish), and Link was starting to wonder if sleeping for 100 years made his hair grow faster.
Of course, he was snapped out of his thoughts when his bow caught on fire. He cursed, taking it off his back, throwing it on the ground, and stomping on it to put it out. It only seemed to increase the flame, and eventually, all that was left were ashes.

You laughed. "Idiot," he grumbled jokingly, and seeing as it was a boko bow and didn't have much worth, he laughed along with you. It was another hour, but eventually, you both made it to Goron City. "What took you so long?"
The elder asked, and Ling huffed, "Y/n insisted on breaking most of my tools in order to mine ore." You protested immediately, "Hey! It's good money, and you can always find more! We needed the money for the fireproof clothing!"

The elder sighed, "He has a point, Link." Your heart swelled, and Link pouted, "Now you're siding with the Gerudo?" You chuckled, "Ouch." He sniggered, elbowing you in the side.
This soon turned into painful banter, and the elder didn't interfere until he threw out his back. That was when Link was given the quest to find Yunobo.

Link insisted once they got there to have you at the entrance and not go farther.
Although you didn't like it, you complied.
You had a plan anyway.

As soon as you saw monsters, you started to shoot them down with ice arrows (you got them from a stand in Gerudo town), and one by one, they poofed out of existence.
Unfortunately, it took longer than necessary because Link didn't realize that he could shoot the cannon while it was turning.
You laughed at him for that, and even after saving Yunbo, you still teased him about it. He still groans every time you mention it.

Now, Yunbo was talking about using the cannons for the divine beasts, and signals were going to be given for him to go and stop. You looked at Link and asked, "Am I going to have to attach to your leg again?"
He nodded and started running. "GET BACK HERE!" You shouted after him, following him. Let's just say that you hit EVERY ONE of Rudania's sensors.

Another hour passed before the two of you were able to enter the beast. As soon as you entered, it was dark. "I have no wooden weaponsss!" Link whined, "You broookeee all of theemmmmm!" You scoffed and took out a fire arrow.
You lit the next torches, and eventually Link made it to the map.
He was able to solve every puzzle with ease. (You guessed that your mom's divine beast was the hardest because this didn't take NEARLY as long.) Eventually, he got to the fire blight.

Lots of snaps later, the fire blight Gannon was at half health. Then, when things were getting tough, Link took out a bomb arrow. It exploded in his face, and you screamed. He was on the floor, with the blight leaning over him.
Then a bright blue light appeared, and a female Zora was leaning over him. She kissed his head and whispered, "It is my pleasure..." Before disappearing again. Link got up, completely healed, and finished the blight off.

"WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!" You screeched at him as he grabbed his heart vessel. "Idiot died." Daruk scolded, "You're lucky I'm giving you my protection. Make sure to explain everything to Y/n. Good luck, little guy."
He disappeared, and just like Link was told, he explained. Then you both teleported back to the elder, who gave you Daruk's weapon (Much like Riju did with Urbosa's belongings).

After a while of talking to the natives, Link came across a Goron who needed to defeat an Indigo Talus. And so, the pair (you and Link) set off to find one. It only took a little while, and it was easily defeated by your archery skills and Link's new weapon.
When they went back to the Goron, he said the same thing but added in a detail they had missed. He had beaten everyone but one from a certain place. You were fuming, and Link's face was red in anger.

So the two left. Then they came across someone who needed 10 fireproof lizards. So Link helped them with that, and he received a fireproof chest plate. Too bad that both you and Link had the full set, and you set off to find someplace to sell it.
Link ended up teleporting you (and himself) back to Hateno village to sell it to someone there. He also bought and upgraded a house, and he hung up each of the champion's weapons.

Revali's bow. Mipha's speak. Urbosa's shield and sword. Daruk's boulder smasher.

He had to hold back tears looking at the 100-year-old, worn items.
You comforted him as he sniffled, and eventually, when he stopped crying, he gave you a weak smile.

Then, you stayed the night downstairs on a pile of leaves (he didn't have an extra bed).
He was still worried about your back and the pain that may come from sleeping on the floor.
You reassured him and told him that it was perfectly fine.
He was kind enough to let you stay in his house already.

"Thank you for the hospitality, Link."