Riju's rise

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND Y/N HAS NO MEANING.
I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYMORE!!!
AGHAJGADJHAGSDHF-

/You/

"What is going on?" I whisper as a noise from afar echos, and I snatch Link's sword from his hand. "Hey!" Link protests, but I hold it up high, trying to get a better look off into the distance. I shush him, and he sasses, "Oh don't you shush me you-"
I cover his mouth, and he licks my hand. I groan and wipe it on his hair, whining, "Take it back, it's not mine." He kissed me instead, "Not yours?" I pushed him away, before walking ahead. My face was red, but not in anger. I just couldn't deal with his smart mouth right now.

I shook off the feeling, before focusing once more. I KNOW something is there. Something big. When I realize it's too silent, I turn. I don't see anything.
Link is gone. "F-" I start to curse, but then, the sword extinguishes. "Ugh! LINK!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!" I call, but there was no answer, only laughter.

Then, I close my eyes. Blinding white light. When you close your eyes, light, as keeping them open, dark. The Depths. Something you had read about in a book, thinking it to only be a myth. You ran, keeping your eyes closed as if it was natural.
You ran, making sure that if you saw anything black, it was a light source. Soon enough, two figures covered in shadows appeared in your vision. You opened your eyes and realized that living things give off a tiny amount of light, similar to body heat.

That was why you could see people. Two. In the depths. One of them was Link, as it had to be. The other, was someone who was bigger than average, and from Link's rants, you guessed it was Kohga, the Yiga's past leader.
You burst in, yelling, "As King, I DEMAND you to release Link!" the dark figure did. "State your name in business!" I shouted. No reply. "ANSWER ME!" I yelled again, and this time, there was the sound of laughter.

You watched as another figure appeared, right next to the skinnier one, small and blobby. Korok. Link. "Kohga, as the bigger boss, let him go."
The bigger shadow let go of the smaller, and you sighed and asked, "Want to go back up to the surface, or do you want to explore down here? If I make it back up, I can drop down materials."

A small voice said, "Two lefts and a right, and then climb that ladder. I don't want to hear of you again. Thanks. For the supplies, I mean." As we were walking, I watched Link double over in pain, standing on a new color in my sight:
Red. I picked him up and rushed him out of it, knowing it was malice. As I forced him to climb the ladder, I wondered: Am I the only one who can see in the depths with my eyes closed. Of course, I tested the theory beforehand, and he said no, but I wondered if anyone else could- You know... See?

When we got up, I ordered any sort of year-long trip supplies for Kogha. The Yiga were pleased that he wasn't dead, and in a way, I was too. Some even went down with him, and I made them promise not to go into too much chaos, and to avoid malice.
I watched as Link kept blowing hair out of his face, and when I got tired of it, I used strips of fabric to pull it into buns. He was going to protest, but I handed him a mushroom skewer, then left to ask a Yiga member if any had disappeared.

Obviously not. Just the Gerudo, like they never existed. Gone, without a trace. I told Link after a little while (more like ordered him, but whatever) to go back to Zelda and see what he could do to rebuild Hyrule. He (grudgingly) agreed and left an hour later.
Now, it was just me, the Yiga, and the case of a missing civilization. I went through the Yiga's disturbingly large and dusty library they happened to have, only to find out that this has happened before. 

Unfortunately, the map was ripped out, and the page that said where they had gone had a giant banana peel sticking to the page, and when peeled off, there was a stain that made the words unreadable.
Of course. It wouldn't have been that easy. So, I managed to get a sand seal to go to kara kara bazzar. Maybe some people were there? Needless to say, nobody caught my eye immediately. Everyone selling stuff was gone. I walked inside to find Riju sitting on a couch, and when she finally saw me, she sighed in relief.

I ran over to her and asked, "Where is everybody?" She replied, exasperated, "That's the thing! I don't KNOW!" Dammit. "Why aren't you with them?" I asked, and she sheepishly explained, "I was using the bathroom, and when I came out, nobody was there."
I grumbled, "Me and Link were chatting in the throne room. We didn't even hear anything. They just left without a trace. We even went to the Yiga clan and went into the depths, just to talk to their old leader. Nothing."

"Depths?! That myth that's in the books in our library?" She questioned, and I nodded, "Yep, be prepared once we get our people back. Something might happen in an estimated 7-8 years."
She gave me a look, and I realized, "I'll have to prepare. Not you! Sorry Riju." She waved it off, and we walked outside. "I wonder where they went..." I thought out loud, "They couldn't've just dissapeared..."