Birthday

/Link/

I managed to make it back to my house without murdering the giant lady (who had NO regards for personal space OR consent) only to find Y/n half awake, muttering and searching in his bag.
I walked over to him, and he shoved clothing into my chest.
"I bought an extra set for you. I also saw the calendar on your desk and saw that today was your birthday." 

I smiled, set the clothing down on the table, picked up the surprisingly light male and set him back in (my) bed. "You need to rest. Recover your energy."
I said, but Y/n just bounced in the bed, still sitting, and explaining cheerfully, "But I'm not even tired! I feel as though I could fight FIVE lynels right now!"

I guessed it was the god powers kicking in. "So... What about yesterday?" I asked, and he smiled, "What about it? I thought it was decided."
I smiled, and kissed him on the forehead, "I'll try the outfit on if you promise to stay in bed." He nodded, and I went into the part of my room.

I went downstairs, changed, and came back up. He was already snapping pictures, left and right. One thing about me is if I get the outfit, I usually have the whole set of weapons too.
It's just fashion, nobody can blame me. "Isn't that my bow?" Y/n asks, and I have to explain, "It's for the picture, I'm just borrowing it, and I won't pull on the string or anything."

He rolled, his eyes, "Anyways, I thought you'll like your next present." Next?! I really thought he was done! One moment, he's sick, and the next, he's almost filled to the brim with energy.
He grabs my wrist and doesn't even give me a chance to change back before he grabs the Sheika slate from my waist. I was going to protest, but he humbled me with a kiss. Silly, right?

He presses lurelin village and we teleport. He drags me to the seaside and takes out a basket behind his back.
Did he have that there the whole time?! How did I not notice? He sets out a blanket, and we sit. He smiles while watching the waves. I peer and try to reach into the basket, but he smacks my hand, "Wait." I do.

I end up waiting until sunset before I whine, "Can we eat yetttt?" He sighs jokingly, "Wait. Almost the right time." So, I waited. Then, the sun (which was going down the whole time), hit the water, reflecting and making orange waves.
I gasped in amazement. Y/n just laughed, pecking my nose, "Like it?" I started to pout, "Yeah! I waited my whole birthday for this, if it wasn't worth it, I would be sad." The only thing Y/n did was laugh.

I turned to them. His hair was turning red, and his skin a little grayer, like a corpse. I pointed it out, and he just stared at himself.
Then, he shrugged, "Eh, probably getting genes from my mother. Weird." and it was brushed off.

/You/

I was starting to panic internally. WHY WAS MY SKIN GREY?! MY HAIR IS RED! R.E.D! Then, the sand started to shake, and we turned to see Gannon furious.
My hands started to glow a dangerous red, like my hair, only with small mixes of gold. Link grabbed his master sword, saying, "We need to go and defeat Gannon. NOW." Of course, I complied, but I'm still guilty that he has to fight the main boss on his birthday.

He teleported us to the nearest destination, where I held onto him for dear life as he used Revali's gale to get into the castle.
When we landed, I started to scale the castle. The guardians seemed to target Link more than me.

When we made it, Zelda started to cry out, "Link, I'm sorry! I can't hold him much longer!" The odd thing was, his expression was blank, and he didn't reply.
Gannon broke out, breaking the floor, and I was forced to latch onto Link once more. When we landed, Gannon did something unexpected. He grabbed me. 

I struggled, until I realized that he wasn't hurting me. I stopped and opened my eyes to see bright ones. They didn't seem dangerous.
I relaxed, and Gannon nuzzled against me. I giggled, and Gannon laughed. It sounded evil, but really, it was just a laugh.

Then, I had a flash.

-Flashback-

A Gerudo man was holding a child, lovingly. "I'm sorry, my child. I don't have a choice." He set down the child, and he left for war. Moments pass, and I got to watch as he was sealed away by a Zonai. I watched that child grow up, have a child, and die.
Flashes of mothers and children- all women- appeared, until eventually, I watched Urbosa hold me in her green-blue spirit arms, crying, "I'm so sorry, Y/n."

_Reality_

I gasped, "Great, great, great- you know what- never mind- GREATGRANDFATHER?!" Gannon nodded, before placing me down.
Then, a beam came down an obliterated him. I watched as that Gerudo man reached out towards me. I took the hand and helped him up.

He hugged me, sobbing, "I am SO sorry, Y/n!" But I didn't know what was going on. He threw his Gerudo headdress at me before promising, "I'll go easy. Wear it with pride." and he started to scream as red cracks covered him, turning into Gannon once more.
Gannon started to attack Link, but I knew I couldn't help or save him. I was absolutely torn as I stared at the malice-covered male jewelry. I walked out of that castle WITH it on.

I was a god, and back then, I made Demise. If I wanted to, I could make him again.
JUUUUUUst not now. Maybe he'll come back, but I'm not positive.
Another flash.

-Flashback-

"Hylia's reincarnation and the hero's spirit will NEVER be free from my torment."

That was the moment Demise cursed the world.

_Reality_

After that, maybe I WON'T have to do anything. He'll probably end up evil anyways. It's for the best. The sky clears up, and the deed is done.
My ancestor is dead. Hyrule is safe. More red clouds. Scratch that, I rush over to Hyrule field, to find a Zelda and Link, together.

CREDIT TO @Shima11746 for the inspiration!!