Chapter-3

That afternoon, Second-year students in the Teaching Class were unable to escape from their self-study sessions.

The teachers of each class of the course had a meeting to attend, so they weren’t in the classroom and the order of the study sessions were maintained by the Class President of each class.

Unlike the two noisy classes next door, Teaching Class 10 was exceptionally quiet due to Akk’s appeasement.

Akk moved a chair and sat behind the lectern, facing the podium as requested by the teacher, concentrating on a brand new activity book.

No movement could be heard in the classroom. Only a few girls occasionally raised their heads and pretended to involuntarily glance at the podium for a few moments.

Ayan had entered the classroom at a time like this.

There was a little “accident” at his part-time job today, which delayed his arrival to class, so he was a little late. When he entered the classroom, the third period of self-study had already passed for more than half an hour.

Ayan entered through the back door of the classroom. His footsteps were so soft that only a few students looking around had noticed the movement, but they all lowered their heads as soon as they saw it was him.

Ayan walked to his seat, pulled out his chair, but paused.

He lifted his eyelids.

The table in front of him was empty. The backpack was still there, but the person wasn't.

Ayan withdrew his intention to sit down and turned to look up. His eyes swept across the classroom before finally settling on the podium.

The person he was looking for was sitting quietly behind the lectern, his eyes lowered. There was little expression on that handsome face, the light and dark intervals on either side of his nose were topped by faint shadows, and his delicate features were drawn over which was different from his usual coldness.

The biggest difference was the additional pair of thin, rimless glasses on the bridge of his straight nose. The pale, slightly pursed lips were marked by a sense of coldness, of ascetic adolescence.

Ayan remained in the same place for half a minute, then suddenly smiled with dark and deep pupils.

He threw his uniform jacket on the desk and walked lazily with his long legs to the front of the classroom. Even though his steps remained as light as ever, in the silent classroom, the students on either side of the aisle Ayan walked down, inevitably all looked up.

A few more seconds of silence commenced before small murmurs flooded the class.

By the time Akk realized something was wrong, there was already an extra figure standing directly in front of him…

Akk looked up and, after two seconds of silence, smiled gently, “Is there something wrong, Student Ayan?”

The students in the classroom sharpened their ears to listen.

“Nothing.” Ayan leaned on the edge of the table, bowing down slightly, yet the provocative look aimed at Akk didn’t abate at all, “Why didn’t you wear glasses in the afternoon?”