Chapter-17

As soon as the owner finished speaking, Akk immediately felt the deep and meaningful gaze of the one across the table.

Akk pretended not to see him and smiled, “His name is Ayan, he is my classmate. He helped me today, so I invited him to dinner as a thank you.”

“Oh, so that’s it.” The owner nodded, “Then eat, I won’t bother you anymore.”

As soon as the owner left, Ayan played with the chopsticks in his hand and smiled, “So…the Class President and I are still just classmates?”

Akk looked at him and said nothing.
Sitting next to Akk, Ayena’s gaze switched between them. She jumped out of her chair and ran to Ayan’s side, and whispered, “Brother Ayan, don’t be sad. My brother never took a classmate home before, he must treat you as a friend.”

“… Ayena”

Across the table, the loudness of that whisper was no different from a public execution. Mainly, that person’s gaze made Akk almost unable to keep the aloofness on his face.

Ayena, hearing her brother’s warning, stuck out her tongue and ran back to her chair.

Ayan let out a low laugh, “Does the Class President already consider me a friend?”

Akk glanced at him, “If you don’t eat, the noodles will get bland.”

The corners of Ayan’s mouth twitched, but in the end, he didn’t force Akk to say anything else, he obediently took his chopsticks and ate.

The rest of dinner passed in silence. After finishing, Akk went to pay for it and said goodbye to the owner. The three of them left together.

On the way home, Ayena, whose hand was held by Akk, looked around, curious about everything.

Akk’s eyes were doubtful.

Ayena had been with him since she was little and spent most of her time at home, at school, or in the study hall. Akk rarely had time to take her out to play and hang out, and as the girl grew older, it was clear that her entertainment and leisure needs had increased. It’s just that Ayena is obedient and understanding, and never asks Akk for anything in this regard.

Perhaps, he should take Ayena…

“This week there is a food fair at the Culture Square, Nong Ayee, do you want to go?”

Ayan’s words interrupted Akk’s thoughts, who looked back and saw Ayan squatting in front of Ayena after asking the question.

Ayena’s eyes were bright and full of longing, but she turned her head to look at Akk, “Brother, can we go?”

When Akk was about to answer, Ayan cut off the conversation first. He half crouched in front of Ayena with one knee slightly bent, and looked at Akk.

The smile in those dark eyes fluctuated deeply, “For inviting me to dinner, this time it’s on me. Class President, will you let me?”

Under that look, it was really hard for Akk to say the word “no”.

He could only helplessly pat Ayena’s head.

“Let’s go then.”

The food fair is held in Siam Culture Square, a short distance from Akk’s house and his neighborhood. Ayan stopped a cab and the three of them piled into the back seats.

The back seats were meant to fit three people, but someone’s long legs wouldn’t work, which took up a lot of space.

Akk hugged Ayena to his side, and said to Ayan, “you should sit in the front, it's small for three people.”