IV. They Seek Uturu

Chapter 4,
     They Seek Uturu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "I do not understand why they must come here." Aonung complained as he walked to his marui with Mi'kayah, Tsireya, and Tikki.

  "They are being hunted, they will only bring us war." Tikki added on, resulting in Mi'kayah slapping the back of her head.

  Although Mi'kayah was not excited to deal with the newcomers, she was not going to judge them based on their past. She will solely judge based on how they present and carry themselves, something Saraiyah had always taught them.

  "Mother taught us better, your mother taught you better." Mi'kayah spoke as she pointed at them both. 

  Tikki's ears flatten back as she looked at Tsireya, but the girl only held a stern gaze, not happy with how judgmental they were. 

 "I will see you in our marui, do not cause trouble. I mean it, Tiks." Mi'kayah warned her younger sister before turning around to walk back.

  As Mi'kayah walked back to her marui, she couldn't help but look towards the hut that belonged to the Sullys. She saw the family sitting down, it seemed like they were having a serious talk and as much as she wanted to listen to her brain and continue walking, she didn't.

  The young girl walked towards the marui and crouched down, tapping the wooden ground underneath her feet. The Sullys stopped their conversation and looked at her.

  "I apologize for not welcoming you into my clan. I am Mi'kayah Ewan'itan, the oldest daughter of my family. Oel ngati kameie." Mi'kayah brought her fingers to forehead and gestured to them.

  "I'm Jake Sully, this is my wife Neytiri, and my kids, Neteyam, Lo'ak, Kiri, and Tuktirey." The Omaticaya man smiled as he introduced himself.

  Jake pointed to his family as he introduced them, Mi'kayah following his hands as she tried to place the name to their face. Their youngest daughter, Tuktirey, was quite excited to be in the presence of a Metkayina na'vi, especially a nice one.

  "I also apologize for Ronal and my mother, they mean no harm." Mi'kayah's gaze shifted towards Neytiri, who had a scowl on her face.

  Neteyam seemed as if he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. She was beautiful, and not to mention kind. After explaining that their lessons would start two days from now, Mi'kayah disappeared, continuing her walk to her own marui.

  Moments after Mi'kayah's arrival, Tikki entered the hut as well. The young girl thought about her sister's words, and although she may be right, it did not mean she had to be very kind. This was only going to end badly for the Metkayina clan, as Toruk Makto was only going to bring his war here.

   "They could have gone to any one of the other forest clans, why come to the reef people?" Tikki asked her mother as she helped cook dinner.

  Saraiyah looked at her daughter and shook her head, pausing what she was currently doing.

  "It does not matter which clan they could have gone to, they needed shelter and are we going to give it to them. Tikki, enough." Saraiyah watched as her daughter nod her head.

  This wasn't out of the normal for Tikki to assume someone is of bad nature, but it was frequent. Mi'kayah and Leia were the more welcoming sister's. However, the same question flowed through Mi'kayah's mind as she didn't understand why they chose the reef people.

  "Mama, what does Ronal mean by 'Demon blood'?" Leia asked, of course the young girl knew of the sky people but she didn't know about the dream walkers.

  "Lei, Ronal meant that the man, Jake Sully, is a dream walker. You mustn't worry about that though." Saraiyah explained as she smiled at her youngest daughter.

  Dream walkers, although the term always confused Mi'kayah, she kept it quiet. She was going to find out more about the Sullys, even if it's by asking around.