XXXVIII. The Water Will Be Stained Red

Chapter 38,
    The Water Will Be Stained Red
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MAMA!" Tikki screamed as she tried to run for her deceased mother.

  Mi'kayah's eyes fluttered open and shut as she looked at the body that lied in front of her, it felt like she couldn't move, as if this body wasn't hers anymore. How could she have lost two people who were most important to her, in the same day?

  When she finally regained her consciousness, Mi'kayah rushed towards her mother's body as the tears filled her eyes to the point they overflowed, and fell. Jake ran after her, wrapping his arms around the young girl's waist, pulling her away from the body. Quaritch found this amusing, almost as if this was a TV show and it finally got to the good part that everyone won't shut up about. Her tears blurred her vision as Mi'kayah turned around and hugged Jake tightly.

  Tikki's sobs could be heard as well, Kiri tried to comfort her the best she could, without getting hurt by Lyle. Mi'kayah's cries calmed down, she needed to keep her cool. She had just lost her mother and her sister, she couldn't afford to lose Tikki, not now.

  "Kayah!" Tikki yelped as she was shoved towards Quaritch.

  "Do not hurt her!" Mi'kayah shouted as she moved from Jake.

  Quaritch only chuckled as he held the gun towards Tikki's head, the sight was traumatizing. Mi'kayah couldn't imagine how scared Tikki was, all she could see was the girl shake.

  "You watched your whole family die. Your mother and sister died, because of Jake." Quaritch began as he moved his finger to the trigger.

  "No!" Mi'kayah rejected, as she walked closer to him, only to be pulled back by Jake.

  "You'll get to watch your sister suffer the same fate as your mother." Quaritch finished, locking eyes with Mi'kayah.

  Before he could pull the trigger, Neytiri came out from the dark, holding Spider by the back of his neck. She held onto her knife, when she noticed Saraiyah's body, she felt remorse for Mi'kayah. Neytiri knew what it was like to lose family members. She had lost her twin sister, and father.

  "A life, for a life." Neytiri whispered as she gripped the knife and sliced Spider right on his chest.

  Kiri and Tuk had never seen their mother be so vicious before, but they understood where she was coming from.

  "He's not my kid, we not even the same species." Quaritch shrugged as he kept the gun on the side of Tikki's head.

  Neytiri nodded slightly and lifted the knife, ready to plunge it into Spider's chest when Quaritch shouted.

  "NO!"

  With a swift second, Tikki was pushed towards Mi'kayah. Jake knew that Quaritch was out numbered, whether he was aware of it or not. As Quaritch focused on Neytiri and Spider, Mi'kayah ran straight towards Lyle, jumping on the avatar.  The girl saw red, she raised her knife and stabbed Lyle in his chest, over and over again until he stopped breathing.

  Mi'kayah's hands and part of her arms were covered in Lyle's blood, as she got up from the ground, she turned to Quaritch. She didn't care if she were to die tonight, all Mi'kayah wanted was to kill Miles Quaritch. However he had a gun while she had a knife, it would be an unfair fight.

  "Fight me! Fight me, you coward!" Mi'kayah screamed as she slid the knife towards Tikki.

  Tikki sprinted to Tuk and Kiri, cutting them free from their handcuffs. Tears streamed down Mi'kayah's cheeks as she hissed at the avatar, she felt pain, her heart was aching. Quaritch tossed the gun and nodded his head.

  "I will kill you myself." Mi'kayah threatened as she looked back at Jake, not wanting him to help her.

  "You can try, but you'll fail." Quaritch smirked, as he clenched his fists.

  Mi'kayah didn't respond, instead she lunged at him. She had jumped onto Quaritch, and sunk her teeth deep into the side of his neck, biting a chunk of his flesh out. With the pain, Quaritch grabbed Mi'kayah and tossed her to the side, causing her to hit her head on the bar. Jake couldn't stay still and watch everything go down, he knew she needed his help.

  There were chains beside Jake, and that was the perfect weapon. He wasted no time in grabbing the chains, before running at Quaritch. It caught the avatar off guard when Jake slammed the chains against his head. Mi'kayah groaned as she got up, she noticed Quaritch was near the edge of the ship.

  "You have lost Quaritch." Jake stated, but before he could get another hit in, Mi'kayah ran straight to Quaritch.

  He doesn't get another chance at life, Eywa knows he doesn't deserve it. So, without thinking, Mi'kayah grabbed onto Quaritch and shoved him into the ocean, falling in with him. The cold water sent shivers down Mi'kayah's spine as she sunk.

  The Metkayina girl had a tight grip on Quaritch, not wanting him to swim up and live his life, not after he had ended Leia's and Saraiyah's. As she lost consciousness, Mi'kayah knew she had won. The water was stained red, from both of their blood.