XIII. Something Is Not Right

Chapter 13,
    Something Is Not Right
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  During the past week, Mi'kayah had been feeling as if she was on edge. For some reason, after the night she hung out with Neteyam, her heart had been racing, her stomach was constantly bubbly and she couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. Mi'kayah had a special gift when it came to senses, she knew when someone close to her was hurt or dying, or when something was going to go down.

  This was a blessing as it always gave warnings to the Tsahik and Olo'eyktan, but it was also a curse because they had to play the guessing game on what was going on. Mi'kayah was called a freak when she was younger for it, because she was the only person who had sensed stuff like that, Aonung being the first person to bully her and the first to defend her.

  "I think you should tell my mother and father." Tsireya responded as Mi'kayah rambled about how she's been feeling.

  "What if this feeling is wrong, I shouldn't worry them." Mi'kayah shook her head at the suggestion, although she knew her feelings were never wrong.

  Tsireya sighed and rolled her eyes, she wasn't going to force her best friend into doing something she didn't want to do, but that doesn't mean she wasn't going to nonstop annoy her until she does decide to tell someone. The two girls were at the small lake, just staring at the fishes as they swam by.

  "Tsireya, may I speak with my sister?" A voice asked.

Mi'kayah looked back and sighed, Tikki stood there, finally the stubborn girl had decided to talk to her sister. The fear of losing her sister, was overwhelming her to the point she struggled to sleep.

"She is all yours Tik." Tsireya smiled as she walked away, leaving the sisters alone to conversate.

  It was silent, Tikki was trying to figure out what to say without offending Mi'kayah while Mi'kayah was trying to figure out an excuse to use, she didn't want to be near Tikki when she felt this way. It was a fear of hers, she was worried that something might happen to Tikki.

  "I wasn't trying to dictate who you became friends with, Mi'kayah." Tikki began, she knew that if she wanted Mi'kayah to understand her feelings and hear her, she was going to have to spill everything.

  "Then why were you so interested in my friendships with the Sullys? You aren't giving them a chance." Mi'kayah responded but she didn't continue any further, she wanted her sister to speak her mind.

  "I was afraid you were going to shut me out once more if you were to get very close to them, like last time." Tikki added, she took a moment to see it Mi'kayah had anything to say to her.

  It didn't really click for Mi'kayah, she didn't know what her sister was truly talking about. Did she really shut her sister out?

  "When sempu died, you vanished from my life. You were always at the healer's tent and had even began to scope out potential mates, you blocked me from your mind. Why did you do that to us, to me?" Tikki asked as tears filled her big, ocean blue eyes.

  Mi'kayah's mouth opened a bit as she looked at her little sister, she didn't realize she had ignored her sister during that time. All she knew was that she needed a distraction from her father's passing, anything that could pull her mind away from the incident was perfect for her. It wasn't until now that she must have been avoiding her family at all costs because they reminded her of him, especially Tikki.

  "Tikki I apologize for doing that, I just wanted to distract myself from our father's passing, and I wanted to ignore everything that reminded me of him. Including you." Mi'kayah finally answered, she was embarrassed and ashamed of herself for being the cause of her sister's tears.

  Tikki furrowed her eyebrows as she grabbed her sister's hand.

  "Tikki you are so much like father, his personality, and attitude. Eywa, he was a warrior and now you're becoming one too, it feels like you're just copy of him. I couldn't be around you without it hurting me." Mi'kayah continued, as she raised her fingers up to wipe away the girl's tears.

  Tikki didn't say anything but hug her sister tightly, she knew that it was wrong of her to judge the Sullys the way that she did, and she knew it was wrong to keep things from her sister when it should be spoken. Mi'kayah understood her sister's worries and hugged her back, humming her songcord as she slowly stroked Tikki's braids. The feeling of anxiety and worry stood at the pit of Mi'kayah's stomach but she shouldn't worry about it now.

  Although something quite clearly isn't right, Mi'kayah needed to be with her sister.