XXX. You've Brought This Upon Us!

Chapter 30,
    You've Brought This Upon Us!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Angry and furious was not the words to describe how Mi'kayah was currently feeling. Her spirit sister had been murdered, and it was the work of the demons. The swim back to the village was longer than anticipated, Ronal kept close to Mi'kayah, as well as Tonowari and Saraiyah. Once they got back to their village, Neteyam tried once more to console the young girl.

  "Mi'kayah, I am sorry." Neteyam spoke softly as he walked close Mi'kayah.

  "Get away from me." Her voice was very low as she turned around to look at the Sully boy.

  This would have never happened if he and his family would've stood where they belonged. They have brought their war, and now Mi'kayah and her clan must suffer the consequences. Neytiri and Jake began to walk over to check on them.

  Neteyam tried once more to get close to her but she hissed, her stance was now in an attack stance. If he were to try to get closer, she would surely try to cause harm to him. Not that Neytiri would allow that.

  "GET AWAY FROM HERE!" Mi'kayah screamed, as tears withered.

  Saraiyah rushed over to her daughter, and for the first time she didn't scold her for her reaction, but instead hugged her tightly. Mi'kayah felt like a piece of her was going to lost for a while, and she didn't know how to feel.

  "YOU HAVE BROUGHT THIS UPON US, YOU HAVE BROUGHT WAR!" Mi'kayah screeched as she tried to push her mother away.

  Neteyam only stood there and took all the hatred she had for him at the moment. Nobody has ever seen Mi'kayah react this way, not even when her father had died. Ronal felt as if she needed to remove Mi'kayah from the situation, afraid of a fight breaking out.

  "Mawey sevin, mawey." Ronal cooed as she walked over to the teenager, grabbing her hand and leading her away from the situation.

  Tonowari followed close behind with Saraiyah, it was still such a shock for Mi'kayah to act this way. It was also understandable, Neïman, her spirit sister since birth, was murdered at the hands of sky people. Tikki took Leia to their marui to get ready for dinner.

  "Is Kayah going to be alright?" Leia asked her older sister, feeling worried for the girl.

  Tikki took a deep breath, before responding.

  "Yes, she will be. Kayah is a warrior at heart. Which means what?" Tikki questioned Leia as she forced a smile onto her lips.

  "She has a strong heart."

  "That is correct, good girl." Tikki smiled as she kissed her younger sister's forehead.

  Neteyam hadn't known what to do when Mi'kayah was practically blaming him for the death of her sister, but he knew not to try and argue back. The nerves of the girl was acting on overdrive, and she only knew that she was feeling pain. Lo'ak and Kiri advised him to let Mi'kayah cool down before going to her and trying to comfort her.

  As for Mi'kayah at this moment, she was getting her hair re-braided while she spoke about the memories she had made with Neïman.