XII. Swimming With The ilus

Chapter 12,
      Swimming With The ilus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Mother! Ronal! Reya!" Mi'kayah called out as she entered the marui that belonged to the Tsahik and Olo'eyktan.

  She ran straight to their marui as she knew that there might be something deeply wrong with her, Neteyam made Mi'kayah feel weird. Her stomach came alive with nerves and she felt as if her cheeks were changing different hues of blue. She needed advice and guidance.

  "Syulang, what is wrong?" Saraiyah asked her daughter as she rose from the ground.

Mi'kayah didn't know where to start, she thought her mother wouldn't see her the same if she were to explain she had fell for a boy that didn't belong to their clan.

  "I feel weird, very weird mama." Mi'kayah felt like crying, this might not be a big deal to most but it is to her.

  Mi'kayah has had her crushes from the past, one being on Aonung when he had stopped picking on her and began to defend her whenever someone bullied her. However, the one she felt on Neteyam was different, and didn't seem to disappear after a day.

  "My child sit, what is it that you feel?" Ronal questioned as her expression softened.

  Ronal and Tonowari always treated Tikki, Mi'kayah, and Leia as their own, as Saraiyah treated Aonung and Tsireya as her own blood. It took a moment before Mi'kayah decided to finally explain.

  "I fear that I'm falling for the oldest son of Jake Sully and Neytiri.." Mi'kayah looked away from the two women and faced her best friend.

  Tsireya smiled as she squealed in joy, as she took a seat beside Mi'kayah. Saraiyah looked at her daughter and tilted her head a bit before smiling.

  "My pretty syulang, what is there to be afraid of? You cannot control who your heart desires." Saraiyah placed her hand on Mi'kayah's head.

"You aren't disappointed?" Mi'kayah whispered as she wiped her tears away.

  Saraiyah felt her heart tighten against her ribcage as she looked at her oldest dauughter. Had she done something to make the young girl question her mother's love for her?

  "Your heart is too pure, syulang, so is his. Be pure together, until you no longer know the meaning." Saraiyah placed a soft kiss on Mi'kayah's forehead, before sending her off to do whatever she pleases.

"Do you ever miss your home, forest boy?" Mi'kayah asked jokingly as the two teenagers swam around.

"Sometimes, this is a big change for me, for my family." Neteyam explained as he looked at Mi'kayah with a smile.

  It seemed like whenever Neteyam would smile, he didn't just smile with his lips but with his eyes. His eyebrows would rise and his teeth would shine through. Soon the two decided to race on their ilus until they were exhausted.

  That's how the night went, Neteyam and Mi'kayah being the purest of souls as they played around with one another, as if they were children again. All fears and stress had melted away, as it was replace with bliss and excitement.

  This was a blissful moment Mi'kayah will always remember for the rest of her life.