XXVII. Falling For The Devil Himself

Chapter 27,
     Falling For The Devil Himself
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It had been way past eclipse, everyone was asleep in their pods, whilst Mi'kayah tossed and turned in her hammock. Tikki had gotten screamed at when the girls got to their marui, Saraiyah sent Mi'kayah to take Leia to play with Tuk. Still, no matter how far they were, you could hear the shouting of Saraiyah. Tikki began to question herself as she would have never taken the blame for someone even if it meant death.

"Tikki, are you still awake?" Mi'kayah whispered to her young sister, as she opened up her hammock.

  "What is it Mi'kayah?" Tikki asked as she kept her eyes closed, doing her best to fall back to sleep.

  "I am unable to fall asleep." Mi'kayah responded as she began to sit up.

"Well I can, so goodnight." Tikki stated as she finally found sleep.

  As she hissed lightly at her sister, Mi'kayah left her hammock and walked out of their marui. She had no idea where she planned on going or how long she would be out, she just knew that she needed to do something with herself until she was exhausted again. Tikki wasn't mad at her sister, she wasn't mad at anyone but herself. It was difficult to understand why she had took the blame for the whole group, and especially why she had began to get very protective and defensive of Lo'ak.

  Mi'kayah walked to the lake and sat down, she needed a moment to herself, to gather all of her scattered thoughts, that seemed to be bothering her. One thing she needed to desperately think about, was Neteyam and her newfound feelings for him. He has demon blood, and has even made it clear that he will defend most sky people. If he was true Na'vi, he wouldn't have been defending the sky people whole heartedly.

  It didn't matter if Neteyam didn't have an extra finger, and had his canines sharp, he was apart of the demon blood family. He was a devil in her people's eyes, and it would be a disgrace for her to fall in love with him. As much as she listened to her heart, Mi'kayah needed to think.

  Was it truly wrong to fall in love with not only a person who wasn't apart of her clan, but has a father, a sister, and a brother who are infected with demon blood? The answer was unknown, to Mi'kayah though, Eywa already knew.

  The Metkayina girl sat down and closed her eyes, her heart already belonged to the future Olo'eyktan of the Omaticaya clan. That was something that could never be changed, but her brain couldn't grasp it. Mi'kayah sighed and opened her eyes once more, she knew what she wanted and who she wanted.

  Neteyam was her love, her future mate, and everything she has ever wanted and needed. Mi'kayah was going to listen to her heart and give into her temptations of wanting the Sully boy, and nobody was going to stop her. Even if they tried to, Mi'kayah would be sure to rip their throats out and leave them for the akulas.

  If she was going to fall in love with the person who people have deemed is filled with demon blood, then she was going to. Neteyam was her poison, and her devil, but most importantly, Neteyam was Mi'kayah's. Only Mi'kayah's.