XI. Bonding With An ilu

Chapter 11,
    Bonding With An ilu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Once Neteyam, Kiri, and Tuk learned how to bond and swim with their ilus, it was time for Lo'ak to learn. Tsireya had all the faith in the world that the young Sully boy would be as successful as his siblings, however that wasn't the case. It was quite embarrassing, Lo'ak accidentally let go of his ilu and was left in the water.

  "You aren't supposed to let go, skxawng." Tikki laughed, covering her mouth with her hand.

  Lo'ak looked at her and let out a fake laugh before rolling his eyes, he didn't let go on purpose. Mi'kayah looked at Neteyam and smiled before swimming over to Lo'ak, it was clear he needed a better guidance.

  "When you make tsaheylu, think calmly and clearly. It is okay to fall off the first time, try again." Mi'kayah encouraged as she called for her ilu.

  She was going to guide Lo'ak to ride his ilu correctly, and she was going to swim by his side, in case he was left in the water again. Neteyam's eyes were set only on Mi'kayah, she was very gentle and sweet, not to mention how helpful she was. Lo'ak didn't want to try again but he also didn't want to be the only one in his family who haven't bonded with an ilu.

  So the boy got back on the ilu and made tsaheylu, this time he took a deep breath and shut his eyes. Every single worry he had in his mind disappeared, and he calmed his nerves. Mi'kayah stood behind Lo'ak and watched as he began to swim slowly before taking a deep breath and disappearing underneath the water.

Joy took over Mi'kayah as she took her breath as well so she can follow him.

  "Lo'ak you did it!" Mi'kayah shrieked as the two emerged from the water.

  The Metkayina girl couldn't keep her composure as she wrapped her arms around Lo'ak, she was proud of him. He didn't give up even though he wanted to, and that's what made Mi'kayah even happier. Lo'ak and Mi'kayah's friendship was beginning to blossom into something beautiful, and it was clear to see Tikki wasn't happy about it but she kept it silent.

  "Tik, we don't you just tell her how you feel about all of this. The discomfort you're feeling about the change." Tsireya spoke as she swam to shore with Tikki, leading the Sullys.

"She wouldn't understand Reya, she never does." Tikki stated as she walked away from her.

  Tikki had always had a fear of her sister growing up and leaving her in the dust, it had happened once, when their father passed away. Mi'kayah shut her sisters out and focused on being the healer in village, that was her passion. You cannot stop someone from growing up, you can only sit there and watch or be a part of their growth.

  Tikki felt betrayed, knowing her sister is growing up and is actually going to leave her soon. Mi'kayah was going to find a mate, grow a family, and live in her own marui. She was going to forget her own sister. Explaining and expressing feelings was something Tikki was never that good at, she only knew anger and vengeance.

  "Would you like to swim with our ilus tonight?" Mi'kayah asked Neteyam, she wanted to get to know the boy more.

  "I would love to Mi'kayah, I will see you tonight." Neteyam's accent was sweet and music to Mi'kayah's ears, she smiled at the boy and nodded her head before walking off to her marui.

  The bonding of the ilus went really well today, Mi'kayah could only hope that her hang out with Neteyam would go better, however, she still needed to speak to her mother, Tsireya and Ronal about how she's been feeling. Something was changing in her, and it was a little terrifying.