IX. I Am Not My Sister

Chapter 9,
    I Am Not My Sister
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The group decided to that if they were to bond with ilus then it would be best if they got out of the water once more to ensure that they're breathing was stable, as swimming with an ilu requires you to be under water a lot. Obviously Mi'kayah, Tikki, Aonung, and Tsireya can swim with their ilus without a problem, but the Sully kids were a different story. Tsireya decided she would partner up with Lo'ak and Aonung for the last minute breathing exercise so that Mi'kayah could help Neteyam without trying to murder someone.

  "You're not breathing the right way Neteyam, is it okay if I help?" Mi'kayah asked as she moved her hands over his stomach, ghosting over his skin as she waited for his permission.

  "It is more than okay." Neteyam smiled, he didn't mind being partnered up with Mi'kayah as she was always sweet towards him.

Tikki was the problem, as Mi'kayah placed her one hand on his lower stomach and the other on his heart, Neteyam could feel her sister's gaze on him. However, he was far too busy feeling nervous because Mi'kayah was touching him. Kiri couldn't help but laugh at how stiff her older brother got when Mi'kayah touched him, it was a hilarious sight.

"Is it okay if I join you two? I don't think Tikki likes me very much." Kiri asked as she walked over to the two teenagers.

  "I apologize for her, she doesn't like anyone." Mi'kayah tried to give Kiri her best smile as she moved over to make room for her.

  Kiri was a bit surprised when she noticed how soft spoken and gentle Mi'kayah was. She was definitely the opposite of both Leia and Tikki, as she was chill, kept to herself and very welcoming.

  "You are very different from your sister, Tikki." Kiri mindlessly said, Mi'kayah looked at the girl and nodded her head.

  If there was one thing she didn't like, it was being compared to how her sister acts. Mi'kayah didn't want to be compared to her mean, and angry sister all her life, it was exhausting. Mi'kayah is Mi'kayah, and she is different from Tikki because she isn't Tikki.

  Neteyam discreetly pinched his sister and glared at her for saying that. Except Kiri didn't find anything wrong with what she said, it was meant to be some sort of compliment.

  "I try to be myself at all times, Tikki can be bitter all she wants. It will not make her become a better warrior." Mi'kayah shaded her sister as she removed her hands from Neteyam as his breathing was where it needed to be.

  The young boy would being if he said he didn't miss her warm touch already, if he was able to, he would have groaned and whined like a little baby. Kiri chuckled a bit and nodded her head.

"I like that, you're you, and she's her. Neither one of you were born to be the same." Kiri added, which caught Mi'kayah off guard.

  Other than Tsireya and Aonung, nobody has treated her as if she was her own person. Mi'kayah felt seen for the first time in years, and she had to admit, it was very refreshing.

  "Thank you for understanding that I am not my sister, it seems like that's hard for other people to believe in this clan." Mi'kayah beamed before telling the two that now would be best to go back to the water and bond with their ilus.

  It felt refreshing that after fifteen years, someone saw Mi'kayah for Mi'kayah and not as Tikki. It felt disappointing though that it took fifteen years for someone who isn't even in her clan to notice her for her and not as a Tikki duplicate.