XXIX. They're Killing Our Spirit Siblings

Chapter 29,
    They're Killing Our Spirit Siblings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Something seemed to have happened today, as Ronal and Tonowari had rushed out of their marui angrily and worried, it had concerned Mi'kayah. Saraiyah didn't elaborate on what was going when she told her daughters to get on their ilus and follow her. It surprised Mi'kayah and Tikki to see the Sullys coming out of their marui as well, to join them.

  The discovery was horrific, around four Tulkuns were murdered, and it was said to say that two of those Tulkuns, were the spirit sisters of Ronal and Mi'kayah.

  "Neïman!" Mi'kayah cried out as she swam with her ilu to get a closer look at her deceased sister.

  Ronal's ears flatten back as she looked at her husband, she was devastated to see what was in front of her. It wasn't until now that Mi'kayah knew this was the work of sky people, and she knew that where sky people were, danger will follow. Jake looked at his wife and kids and sighed as he shook his head, that confirmed Mi'kayah's suspicions.

  "WHAT IS THIS, TONOWARI?" Ronal screamed as she touched Ro'a, Tikki swam closer to her sister and placed her hand on her shoulder.

  "Do not touch me sister, please." Mi'kayah's voice broke as she stared at her spirit sister.

  Her vision was blurry as tears filled her eyes to the brim, making her big, light blue eyes shine like diamonds. Tikki nodded her head slowly as she removed her hand, but made no efforts in moving away from her sister. Mi'kayah's lip quivered as she kissed Neïman's cheek.

  Lo'ak felt horrible for Mi'kayah, he didn't know what it was like to lose a spirit brother or sister, but he knew it must have hurt badly. Unlike Lo'ak, Neytiri knew all too well the feelings that they were feeling. However, the whole family knew what was going on, and they knew who was coming for them. Saraiyah swam over to her best friend, but she knew better than to touch her at the moment.

  "This is the work of the sky people! They have done this!" Ronal cried out as she looked at her best friend.

  The sky people were killing their spirit siblings, and they have been for a while, but now it was known. Jake swam closer to check out the dead Tulkuns when he had noticed something, it was something that had made his heart sink to the bottom of the sea. Miles Quaritch was here, and he knew that they were hiding somewhere in the reefs, amongst the reef people.

Jake Sully, the Toruk Makto, had promised Ronal and Tonowari he was not going to bring war here. That he needed sanctuary for his family, but he had lied. Mi'kayah swam away from her Tulkun and took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself down. The young girl was everything like her mother, which included how wicked her mouth could get when she was angry.

  "Ma Kayah.." Neteyam looked at the girl as he swam closer to her, he was going to try to comfort her.

Mi'kayah snapped her neck towards the Sully boy and hissed at him, she had given him and his family a chance, only for them to betray her people, betray her.

  "Stay away from me, forest boy." She hissed as she dove into water.

  This was a sign from the sky people to the Sullys, and to Ronal, Tonowari, Saraiyah, and their children. It was a sign of war.