XXV. Danger Is Near

Chapter 25,
     Danger Is Near
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There it was again, the funny feeling that Mikayah had felt earlier that month. It seemed to only be getting worse when she woke up with nausea and her heart racing at the speed of light. Her hands were shaking as she walked out of her marui bright and early. All of the energy in Mikaya's body seemed to be draining out of her, as the poor girl sluggishly dragged her feet across the wooden ground.

Aonung, Rotxo, and Tsireya were outside playing around when they noticed their exhausted and possibly sick friend.

"Kayah, are you okay?" Tsireya asked. However, her words never made it to the girl's ears.

Despite getting a good night's sleep, Kayah's energy was at an all-time low. What was happening to her? She ate well yesterday and made sure she was feeling okay. Something terrible was brewing, and it was getting worse.

Aonung moved from Rotxo's side and walked towards Mikayah quickly. He noticed she had been standing there in front of them for two minutes and not a single sound came out. He stood by her side and slowly moved his hands around her waist to keep her steady in case she were to pass out. Tsireya was getting worried as she noticed her best friend slowly becoming a paler blue shade, and how her mouth was trying to suck in the oxygen.

Tsireya decided to take action without thought, "Rotxo go get Saraiyah, quick!" She demanded.
Mikayah's heart was going faster by the second as she began to shake a little bit. Her head was telling her this was dramatic, but the feeling was unbearable. She should have made it to Ronal's marui by now without causing such a scene.

Tell them you are fine, you skxawng!

  Mikayah thought to herself as she began to take deep breaths, trying to keep herself in a conscious state. She didn't want to worry people, especially her friends.

Saraiyah rushed to her daughter as
Aonung slowly began to crouch, signaling for the girl to sit. They latched arms as Mikayah followed his movements and lowered to the ground.

  "What is it, is it the feeling as last time sevin?" Saraiyah asked as she sat down and held onto her daughter, stroking her braids.

  "It's getting worse sa'nok, much worse than before." Mi'kayah admitted as she tried to regulate her breathing.

  Saraiyah nodded her head, she didn't know how to help her daughter as she didn't know what she was feeling or what she needed. Mi'kayah slowly felt like she was gaining some energy, so she got up from the sand. Her mother got up as well before grabbing her hand.

  "We shall talk in our marui with Ronal, as I re-braid your hair." Saraiyah smiled as she guided her still weak daughter from her friends.

  Tsireya walked with her best friend and her mother, she didn't want Mi'kayah to be alone with two adults and nobody of her age to be around. Sometimes adults don't understand as well as teenagers do, and that's fine.

  "Danger is near sa'nok. Danger is near." Mi'kayah whispered as she entered the marui.

  Saraiyah's ears flattened as she looked down at her daughter, she knew better than to doubt how her daughter felt but this was a bit scary. If danger is near, then how much time do they have to prepare themselves?