XXIII. Our Brothers and Sisters Have Returned!

Chapter 23,
  Our Brothers and Sisters Have Returned!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Kiri awoken after Ronal, Saraiyah, and Mi'kayah had helped her, she was in tears and sobbed for almost three hours, it had broken Neytiri's heart. Mi'kayah had left the tent, not being able to bare hearing her friend cry. Neteyam was found sat by a tree near the tent, with his knees pulled to his chest and his head resting on his knees. Lo'ak was sitting beside him, with his head laying on his shoulder. Both of them were sound asleep.

  "Ma Teyem, Lo, she is awake. You may go to your marui and sleep." Mi'kayah informed them as she slowly rubbing both of their shoulders.

Neteyam took a moment to stir awake while Lo'ak jolted up, it startled Mi'kayah as she wasn't expecting him to wake up with such a jump.

  "She is currently experiencing the aftermath of a seizure, Kiri will need time to rest." Mi'kayah continued as she moved back from the two boys and turned around, so that they could fix their loincloths that shifted a bit.

  "Thank you Kayah, for helping her." Lo'ak smiled at the girl before walking away to their marui.

  Neteyam yawned before walking over to Mi'kayah, although the two were slowly becoming aware of their feelings for one another, they had yet to confess it. It felt as though they were waiting for the correct moment to profess their love for one another, and they didn't want to ruin it.

  "Have a good night, Ma Kayah." Neteyam whispered as he hugged her tightly.

  "Good night Ma Teyem." She responded before letting him from the hug.

Unbeknownst to the two teenagers, Neytiri, Ronal, and Saraiyah had been eavesdropping on them. It was true what Saraiyah had mentioned earlier, what Neteyam and Mi'kayah have was pure.

"Neteyam wants Mi'kayah to be his Tsahik of his clan." Neytiri looked at Saraiyah.

  Saraiyah nodded her head and smiled, she knew that Neteyam was a good boy and wouldn't do anything to hurt her. So right then, at the moment, Saraiyah had given Neteyam her blessing.

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" Leia screamed at the top of her lungs as she ran into the marui.

  It was bright and early, when the little girl had witnessed the arrival of their Payakans. It was their spirit siblings, finally returning to their home.

  "Shut up Leia!" Tikki growled as she looked at her younger sister.

"Our Brothers and Sisters Have Returned!" Tsireya shouted as she walked into their marui veth excited.

  Mi'kayah's eyes shot opened as she rushed off of her hammock. She hadn't seen Neïman in what felt like forever.

The Metkayina girl ran to the water and squealed in joy as she saw her tulkin begin to swim towards her. Neteyam was also arriving with Tuk, Lo'ak, Kiri, and his parents to see what was going on.

"Ma Kayah, what is going on?" Neteyam asked as he looked towards the water.

  "Our spirit brothers and sisters have returned Neteyam!" Mi'kayah shrieked as she dove into the water, swimming over to her spirit sister.

   Excitement buzzed throughout the entire village as everyone rushed to go see their spirit sibling, Tikki was happy to see hers. It took a moment before Mi'kayah grabbed onto her Tulkun and swam with her towards the shore.

  "Neteyam come, I would like you to meet my spirit sister, Neïman." Mi'kayah beamed as she moved onto her back.

Looking back for his approval of his parents, Neteyam smiled as he got into the water. He felt like being around Mi'kayah was the best thing to have ever happened to him, not because of the freedom but because of how happier he was. Upon his first arrival, he didn't feel like home, and he wanted to leave, but now he couldn't imagine life with the Metkayinas, or Mi'kayah.