XXXI. Let Them Cool Off

Chapter 31,
      Let Them Cool Off
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The whole village caught word of what happened to Ronal and Mi'kayah's spirit sisters, and soon there was a meeting, everybody in the clan wanted to go to war with the sky people. Lo'ak and Tikki were not having it, if they were to go to war then lives would be lost. Jake needed to take matters into his own hands, needed to show the Metkayina clan that if they fought back they would die.

Mi'kayah only kept glancing at Neteyam, as guilt consumed her. She reacted poorly earlier and knew that she shouldn't have opened her mouth, especially if her emotions were all over the place. She let her emotions out on the wrong person, and now she has to fix it.

  Jake got in the center of the circle and began to explain, but it seemed like nobody was listening, or nobody was at least trying to listen.

  "If you fight, then they will destroy you! They will destroy everything that you love." Jake began as he walked towards Ronal and Tonowari.

  However the words only went through one ear and out the other as the clan began to get more angrier and louder.

  "Stay Calm! Stay calm!" Neteyam spoke as Saraiyah held onto the track device that was once plunged deep into Neïman.

  Mi'kayah kissed her teeth and walked over to Neteyam, the boy thought she was going to scream at him once more and flinched.

  "I apologize Ma Teyem, you have no fault in this." Mi'kayah whispered as she grabbed his hand, although now wasn't the time to try to be lovey right now, she needed to apologize.

  Neteyam smiled at her and nodded his head, even when shit was going bad, he felt like she was his savior. Once he noticed that nobody was going to listen to him nor take him seriously, Jake walked over to Saraiyah and grabbed the tracking device. Walking back to the center, he held the device high up in the air, silencing everyone.

  "You tell the Tulkuns, that if they are hit by this, that they are marked for death."

  The words sent shivers down Mi'kayah's back, this was the feeling she had been feeling all week. Her eyes swelled with tears as she looked at Neteyam, although it wasn't his fault that the sky people are here and ready to attack, he is the main reason. Lo'ak huffed as he walked away from the group, it wasn't until now that Mi'kayah had noticed that all of the Sullys except Tuk and Kiri, had some sort of necklace with a microphone.

   Lo'ak needed to warn his spirit brother of what is going on, he needed to get him away from the three brothers rock. After all, spirit siblings must look out for one another, no matter what. Outcasts or not.

  Neytiri and Jake walked off, but they didn't seem happy. Deep down, Neytiri knew she needed to fight back, or else this would be just be a repeat of the last time. Tikki, Mi'kayah and Neteyam walked after Lo'ak, confused as to where he was headed.

  "No way, I'm allowing you to go out there baby brother." Neteyam spoke as he walked over to Lo'ak.

  "Well I need to warn Payakan about the pingers." Lo'ak spat as he slid the saddle onto his ilu.

  Mi'kayah didn't see anything wrong with this, however Tikki and Neteyam did. He was going out to the danger zone, and the chances of him making it back unharmed were very slim. It was a back and forth argument between the Sully brothers before Lo'ak decided to storm off.

  "LO'AK!" Neteyam shouted as he clenched his fists, he knew he was going to have to follow his brother.

  Tikki grabbed her saddle and called for her ilu, ignoring the calls of her older sister as she jumped into the water. She was going after Lo'ak whether they liked it or not.

  "Let them cool off, we shall follow close behind." Mi'kayah stated as she called for her ilu before diving into the water.

  Tsireya, Rotxo, and Aonung had arrived in time, as they tried to get Lo'ak to stay but he kept going.

  "Look there's Lo'ak!" Tuk pointed out happily to Leia and Kiri.

  Kiri furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed her friends and brother  go after the boy, without thinking, she went off behind them too. This was a disaster waiting to happen.

𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें