9. The Emperor and The Hanged Man Pt. 1

Pov: Y/N

We're now on the boat to India. I'm standing between all five men, thinking about what happened between me and Jotaro. I feel like I can freely call every of them my friends but... Am I starting to feel something more to Jotaro?

- Well, I'm a little worried. I've always heard India is the land of curry and rampant disease.- Mr. Joestar said as we're all waiting for the boat to make it to the port.

- I'm worried my stomach won't be able to handle the culture gap.- Polnareff added at which Avdol chuckled.

- That assessment is rather distorted. You needn't worry. It is a beautiful country with wonderful people. That I assure you.

We get out of the boat and a huge crowd of people and noise greeted us. Everyone is asking for money and is trying to do anything just to get some. When I see so many people in need, I feel terrible. If I could, I would help any of them.

- You're so beautiful! Please get married with my son!

- Beautiful lady, please give me a tip!

People are calling to me and I try to act as kind as I can. But then I notice that there's no boys around. Kakyoin, Avdol, Polnareff, Mr. Joestar and Jotaro just disappeared. A small girl walks up to me and tugs on my shorts.

- Please give me something to drink. I'm thirsty...

I couldn't do anything else but kneel in front of her and give her my only bottle of water and some money. But then I feel someone grabbing my arm and pulling me up roughly.

- Yare yare. You sure are a kind hearted person. But we have to go.- Jotaro said while pulling me away from the crowd. Or rather trying. Because I get out of his grip when I see a little boy stumbles and I help him up from the ground, making sure that he's alright. Then I feel that I'm being pulled up and my feet aren't touching the ground anymore. Jotaro throws me over his shoulder and starts walking away from the crowd.

- I was going already! But those kids needed help! Put me down!- I struggle to get off of Jotaro's shoulder.

- Shut it, you annoying girl.- Jotaro grumbled angrily.

- Jotaro!- I hit his back with my fists several times but even this doesn't work.

- Yare yare.- He puts me down when we were quite afar from the crowd.

- I can walk on my own, you jerk!- I said while crossing my arms across my chest.

----------------------------------------------------------

We get into the restaurant. I sit between Jotaro and Kakyoin and look through the menu along with Nori. I'm slightly pressed against his arm but it doesn't look like it's bothering him. I'm pointing at some things and Kakyoin is telling me what it is. I'm quite impressed about his knowledge.

- Y/N, you should try it.- Avdol said while handing me a cup of a hot drink.

- What is it?- I ask while looking at the drink before taking a sip.

- It's called chai. It's one of India's most popular drinks. A sweet concoction of black tea, sugar, ginger and milk.- Avdol said with his usual gentle smile.

- It's delicious.- I smile too and take another sip from my cup.

- At least, a little peace.- Mr. Joestar said after finishing his whole cup of chai.

- Be patient with India. Once you get used to it, you'll see how wonderful this country is.- Avdol said, trying to convince us that this place is not that bad.