20. The High Priestess Pt.1

Pov: Y/N

- Avdol, do you know how to steer this thing?- Polnareff asked, standing behind Avdol.

- Tsk. It's no problem whatsoever.- Avdol answered with a small smile across his lips.

- And Avdol's not the only one!- Mr. Joestar added and I looked over at Jotaro.

- Don't even think about it. You're not putting us through another crash.- Jojo said, making me laugh softly.

- You sure seem to be in a foul mood!- Mr. Joestar teased.

- So this is a submarine... I have to say, I'm a bit surprised. It's a lot more spacious than I expected.- Kakyoin said and I nodded in agreement.

- Isn't it? Rich folks use them when they want to get away for a while and explore the sea floor for pleasure. As you see, it even has windows.

- Oh! Nice!- Polnareff rushed towards one of the windows, pressing his face into it.

- Whoa there!

- You know, I've always sort of liked this kind of thing. Though, I wish I could've ridden in one with a cute girl...- Polnareff said with a dreamy voice.

- I'm not cute enough for you?- I asked with a giggle, looking over at him.

- Of course you are, Y/N! It's just that... You know! You're not my girlfriend.- He blushed softly and I giggled once more.

- Calm down. I'm just kidding.- I turn my head towards Mr. Joestar again and got up from the chair, I was sitting on.- Mister Joestar, could I call someone?

- Of course.- He nodded and smiled at me warmly.

I walk over to the phone that is on the submarine and reach my hand into my hoodie pocket. I take out a small note and dial the phone number.

- Hello?- A woman's voice echoed on the phone.

- Good morning. My name is Y/N L/N and I'm Anne's friend. Could I talk with her a bit?- I asked, smiling lightly as I'm holding the phone against my ear.

- Oh, of course. Anne!- There's silence for a moment before I hear a familiar voice from the phone.

- Hey Anne.

- Oh, Y/N! How are you all guys?!- I can hear excitement in her voice and I giggle softly.

- We're all fine. I hope you're too.

- Yeah, I'm fine. And now I know that running away from home was a stupid idea.

- I'm glad that you're alright... Okay, I'm sorry but I don't have much time. I'll call you as soon as possible. Take care.

- Bye, Y/N!

I hung up the phone and sighed lightly, a huge smile forming across my face.

- You're really sweet that you called her.- Polnareff said, looking over at me with a smile.

- Thanks... But I have to call someone more important right now...- I said before dialing another phone number. I hold the phone tightly against my ear, afraid that I won't hear the answer.

- Hello? Who is calling?- I hear my precious dad's voice and feel tears welling up in my eyes.

- Papa...

- Y/N! Are you okay?! Everything is alright on this journey?! You aren't hurt, right?!- I can hear that his voice is full of worry and I chuckled lightly through my tears.

- I'm fine. Everyone is. But I miss you very much. Please tell me how you are doing...

- I'm fine as well. And I miss you too, sweetheart. I'm worried every day about you. You know that I love you very much...