12. Wheel of Fortune

Pov: Y/N

Mr. Joestar bought new car. It's really comfortable and finally there's more place in the backseats so I'm not squeezed between two men anymore. I'm sitting between Jotaro and Mr. Joestar. Becky's words are still in my head and every time I think about it, I feel shivers run down my spine.

My dad can be in a great danger because of me. I couldn't forgive myself if something would happen to my dad. I don't have anyone else but him. I hope that we will be able to defeat Dio as fast as possible. I have to save my dad...

- We're about to hit the Indo-Pakistani border... I guess it's time to say goodbye to India.- Kakyoin said while looking ahead, through the front window.

- You know, I had mixed feelings about the country at first, but now I sorta miss the hustle and bustle of Calcutta, and frenetic chaos of the Ganges.- Mr. Joestar said while also looking through the window.

- One day, I'll be back. I owe it to Avdol to give him a proper burial.- Polnareff said from behind the steering wheel.

- I'll go with you then. He was one of my only friends... So I feel like I should give him proper burial as well.- I said while looking down. Avdol's death is very hard for me as well and I understand why Polnareff wants to do this.

- Thank you, Y/N.- Polnareff said while looking at me for a second before turning his attention back to driving.- The road is getting narrower.

I look up to see another car before us. The car is so slow that it dusts sand on our car. Particles fall through the window, causing me to cough.

- Quit clogging up the road! Outta the way! I'm gonna pass him!- Polnareff bursted out angrily and does as he said. He quickly passes the car that is driving too slow. Some small rocks hit against the front of the car when Polnareff passed it carelessly.

- Polnareff, calm down!- Kakyoin said with a frown, clearly irritated by Polnareff's reckless attitude.

- This four-wheel drive is great!

- Hey, did you just fling a bunch of rocks into that car?- Mr. Joestar asked while looking through the rear window at the car that Polnareff just passed.

- Yeah? Your point?- Polnareff asked with a silly smile on his face.

- Another incident is the last thing we need right now. I'm wanted because of what happened in Varanasi. I'd like to cross the border in one piece.- Mr. Joestar sighed and closed his eyes while saying those words.

I start moving a bit around, trying to get more comfortable. Then my head rested against Jojo's arm and I get really comfortable. I look up at him with soft puppy eyes before saying.

- Jojo... Can I rest against you like this? Because it's more comfortable like this... But if it bothers you then I will immediately pull away...- I said quietly so that only he could hear me clearly.

- Yare yare. It's alright. You don't have to ask me about everything.- Jotaro shakes his head lightly before pulling his cup down a bit, hiding his expression.

- Thank you...- I rest against his arm comfortably and my eyes close slowly. I definitely need more rest. I can't sleep properly since Becky told me that my father can die. I'm really tired...

But then Polnareff makes a sudden braking, making my body move forward that I almost hit my head against the front seat but Jotaro catches me and keeps me safe against himself.

- What was that, Polnareff?!- I yell out loud, getting irritated. Does Polnareff really have to be our driver?

- Y/N, look over there!- Polnareff said while pointing ahead of our car.