10. The Emperor and The Hanged Man Pt. 2

Pov: Y/N

I cuddle to Noriaki's chest, sobbing lightly while holding onto him tightly. His arms wrap around me as well as we both feel great pain from losing our friend. Polnareff is trembling lightly as he keeps sobbing a bit. Our enemy named Hol Horse chuckles lightly while looking at us.

- For such a tough guy, he sure was easy to finish off. Then again, the end is usually a pretty sudden curtain call. Most folks don't get a chance to say "goodbye", you know. Think of that as a little parting wisdom...- He said with a laughter in his voice.

Polnareff can't stand it anymore. He wipes his tears away and starts walking towards the enemy. I pull away from Kakyoin and look up at Hol Horse with teary and angry eyes.

- Polnareff! You can't let him get to you! Do you still not get it?! Mr. Avdol told you! He begged you not to fight alone! But you ignored him... He feard you'd gladly end your own life, if it meant getting revenge! Mr. Avdol followed you here out of worry, and now he's gone!- Kakyoin yelled as he gets up from the ground. He's clearly worried about Polnareff as well.

I gently take Avdol into my arms again, desperately trying to heal him with November Rain. I know it won't help but the pain because of losing my friend is too big for me to think straight.

- So what am I supposed to do?- Polnareff asked with desperation.

- We need to fall back for now.

I keep trying to heal Avdol with tears streaming down my face. I can hear Polnareff and Kakyoin arguing about what we should do, but I'm not caring about it anymore. Avdol has to be alive. He'll open his eyes just in a second. He has to.

- Hey, Polnareff.- Suddenly another voice speak and I look up. Stand from the mirror!- Avdol died for you. I think that means you owe him.

- You bastard! Where's the user?- Polnareff yelled, looking around.

- Polnareff, calm down!

I get up from the ground and grab Kakyoin's hand. I rush towards the truck with him. He manages to somehow open the car and gets into driver's seat while I get on the backseats. He quickly drives towards Polnareff and opens the door of his car side. He grabs him by the hand and pulled inside. We quickly drive away, trying to escape from the enemies.

I look through the car window at the lifeless Avdol one last time and cry soundlessly. I hide my face in my hands and continue crying harder than before.

- Y/N... I...- Polnareff is trying to find words to make me feel somehow better. But I only take my hands away from my face and look at him with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Then Kakyoin hit him hard in the face with his elbow, causing blood to flow from his nose and mouth. Kakyoin has tears in his eyes as he looks at Polnareff.

- Think of this like a makeup handshake from me and Y/N, Polnareff.- Kakyoin said while continuing driving.

- Thanks, Kakyoin.- Polnareff said while resting against the seat weakly.

- When those bastards come after us again, we'll defeat them together.

I can't calm myself down. Tears are still flowing from my eyes and I tremble quite much.

- Y/N... Please calm down...- Kakyoin said softly, looking at me in the small car mirror. I nod lightly and rest my head against the window, closing my eyes and taking deep, shaky breathes to calm myself down a bit.

- You know, I was so sure I stabbed him with my sword. But it didn't connect. It was like he wasn't there.- Polnareff tore out a mirror that Kakyoin was looking at me in its reflection earlier.- Breaking the mirror didn't stop him. The Hanged Man, just attacked from the shards. He attacks your reflection from within the mirror. My Stand can't go inside mirrors... How can we attack him if he's in some kind of mirror world?