25. "Khnum" Oingo and "Tohth" Boingo

Pov: Y/N

- So, how are they?- Polnareff asked, smoking his cigarette.

- Thanks to Y/N's healing Avdol is almost fine, so he'll get out of the hospital today. Kakyoin's wounds are worse. But he sure won't lose his sight, also thanks to Y/N.- Mr. Joestar answered and I sigh with relief lightly.

- I hate to say it, but we might have to leave him behind, until he won't get better.- Jotaro said, taking my hand in his own. Since I got hurt in last fight, he's even more protective than before. It's cute, but also sometimes he is not giving me space at all.

- Jojo is probably right.- Mr. Zeppeli added and I nodded along.

- Hey, look at all these cafés. We could all use a break. Let's get a drink.- Polnareff spoke suddenly, making me look up at him.

- Sounds good. Which one?- Mr. Joestar asked and Polnareff took his cigarette out of his mouth. He threw it into the air and then it landed on the ground, pointing at the "MAXIM" café.

- My cigarette says that one.

We headed towards the café, and then inside we took our seats. Of course I'm sitting beside Jotaro, but also Polnareff.

- Welcome. What would you like?- A rather tall guy walked up to our table and looked down at us. He wears an apron with the cafe's logo on it.

- Let's see... How about some tea?

- Same.

- And for me too.

- Yes, sir and miss. Five teas, coming right up.

- No, scratch that.

- Huh?- We all looked at Mr. Joestar after he said that sentence, not understanding why he canceled our order.

- Listen. We're in enemy territory. This is Dio's dominion. Who knows when our enemies will attack. We have to be more cautious. Someone could easily poison us. From now on, we drink only from bottles and cans.

- This time, I have to agree with Joseph.- Mr. Zeppeli said, resting his chin on his palm.

- Hey, forget the tea. We'll take coke instead.

- Coke?!- The waiter called loudly, making me suspicious.

- Yeah. Something wrong?- Jotaro asked, frowning at him.

- No. Okay. Coke, right? Okay, five bottles of coke then.

- Oh, and we'll open them ourselves. Give me the third, fourth, fifth, six, and seventh ones from the right.- Mr. Joestar listed, which bottles of Coke we should get.

- It was a bit weird that he yelled out loud like this.- I spoke up, making Jotaro immediately look down at me.

- Maybe he just didn't hear it and had to ask for sure.- Polnareff said recklessly.

- Hey, you! This Coke's warm! Is this your idea of a cold drink? I'm not paying for this, idiot!- Another cafe customer exclaimed, then got up and left.

- Hey, the Coke is not cold?- I asked, looking over at the waiter.

- The fridge is down so...

- You're being paranoid. Even if that guy was our enemy, and even if he was trying to poison us, how would he have known we'd come to this café? This city has tons of cafés, and I chose this one on a whim. I could understand if this was the only café, but there are tons of them.- Polnareff said, smoking another cigarette.

- I can't agree. The enemy could always follow us and get into the café through the back door. It seems to me that Mr. Joestar's caution is appropriate to the situation. After all, enemies will appear more and more often now.- I explained and all the men at the table stay silent.