21. The High Priestess Pt.2

Pov: Y/N

- We're really gonna scuba dive? I've never done anything like this before.- Polnareff asked as we're putting on scuba diving equipment.

- I know it's not the best timing, but it was my dream since childhood.- I said quietly, putting a diving oxygen cylinder on my back.

- Hurry everyone! Suit up on the double!- Mr. Joestar said while running in place to prepare himself before diving.

- Yare yare.- Jotaro takes goggles into his hand, looking at the whole equipment.

- I just realized I won't be able to suit up in time with this busted hand. Help me out, Jotaro.

- Do it yourself.

- I'll help you, Mr. Joestar.- I said while walking up to him and picking up his oxygen tank.

- Thank you, sunshine.- Mr. Joestar smiled at me warmly.

I helped him put a whole scuba diving equipment onto himself. He thanked me with the same huge grin on his face. I finish putting my own equipment onto myself and turn back towards the others. The whole submarine started moving and I almost fell over but my Jotaro caught me.

- Anyone else getting nervous?- Polnareff shouted, looking around anxiously.

- Try to stay calm. Times like these require us to keep our heads on straight and be prepared.- Mr. Joestar soothed like a father of a group.- So has anyone ever scuba dived before?

- Not me.

- No.

- I haven't.

- Me neither.

- The High Priestess will break through any moment! You have to teach us how to dive now!- Avdol yelled, standing beside the door.

- You have to calm yourself, Avdol. You must never panic, no matter what. This is the most important rule when scuba diving. When you're underwater, for every ten meters you go below the surface, the corresponding pressure increases along with you. The surface pressure starts at one atmosphere. We're 49 meters below the surface right now, so we'll endure five atmospheres of pressure. If we surface too quickly, the pressure will cause our lungs and blood vessels to burst. We have to rise slowly so our bodies can adjust. We're nearing the Egyptian coast. It's best to ascend along the sea floor.- Mr. Joestar explained and I sigh lightly. It'll be a difficult first lesson of scuba diving...- Ok... I'm letting the water in.

When Mr. Joestar started to spin the wheel, letting the sea water pour into the room, I looked up at Jotaro with a gaze full of worry. I don't know why but I feel nervous about the whole thing. But as soon as Jojo looked back into my eyes, he gently grabbed my hand, comforting me.

- You're looking at a regulator. The valve inside allows air in from the tank only when you inhale. The air you breathe out exists through the piece on the left.- Mr. Joestar said and I saw Kakyoin putting his regulator into his mouth, checking if he can breathe through this. He looks cute and funny doing this.

- What about spit? What happens if I need to drool or hock a loogie or something?- Polnareff asked, making me look back at Mr. Joestar, still holding hands with Jotaro. We're doing this out of anyone's sight, not wanting them to start suspicion anything.

- That stuff comes out the opening here. And, this should go without saying, but we can't talk underwater. Instead, we'll use hand signals. Let's keep things simple and use two. When things are going smoothly, we'll use this to say "OK".- Mr. Joestar said, showing the first signal to us.- When they aren't, use this.

- But, Mr. Joestar, can't we just use our Stands to communicate?- I asked, raising my one eyebrow.

- Oh yeah, I didn't think about that...