16. The Sun

Pov: Y/N

- Jotarooo... Give me some water... It's so hot here!- I whined, looking up at the black-haired teen.

- Yare yare. Here.- He gives me a bottle of water which I quickly started drinking.

- Polnareff is flirting with a random woman again.- Kakyoin said while looking over at where Polnareff is sitting with some chick.

- Somehow it does not surprise me. But look. Mr. Joestar is going in his direction. I'm wondering what he'll do.- I chuckle softly while watching the scene carefully.

When Mr. Joestar hit Polnareff in the head with some papers, ruining his hairstyle, I laughed loudly. When the Frenchman heard my laugh, he turned around and glared at me. Then he starts arguing with Jotaro's grandfather, while adjusting his hair.

- Get inside, minors.- Polnareff said to the tree of us while pointing at one of the cars outside.

- You're acting more like a minor than Kakyoin and Jotaro sometimes, Pol Pol.- I giggled softly while looking up at him.

Polnareff gets into the driver's seat and Mr. Joestar beside him in a passenger seat. I'm settled between Jotaro and Kakyoin on the backseats.

- Finally some place for me! Don't be mad, Jotaro, but I was a bit fed up with sitting on your lap all the time.- I said playfully, looking up at Jojo with a smirk.

- Wow, this country's amazing! It's like every house is some kind of crazy mansion.- Polnareff said while looking at the views from behind the car windows.

- Indeed. In Tokyo, you'd need three to four billion yen to buy one of these. This is the standard of living in this country. It wasn't but twenty years ago that this place was a barren desert. Though, thanks to a thriving oil industry, it's grown into a playground for the rich.- Mr. Joestar said, making me very interested. I'm listening carefully to everything he has to say, wanting to know more.

- That sun may be merciless, but it sure is nice and cool in here with the air-conditioning. Not too shabby. Oh?- Polnareff looks at Kakyoin in a small car mirror.

- What's wrong, Kakyoin?- Jotaro asked while looking over at his friend, making me look over at him as well.

- It's nothing.- He answered with a soft smile on his face, turning his head towards us.- I was just thinking about how open the landscape is here. If anyone were after us, I'm sure we'd spot them. But I just can't shake the feeling that someone's watching us.

- I thought I was the only one who was feeling this.- I said while putting my hand gently on Kakyoin's arm.

- Yeah, can't say that I blame you.- Polnareff agreed.

- Well, back to business. I've given a bit of thought to the route we should take. About a hundred kilometres northwest is a village called Yarpline. The desert and mountains make taking a direct route near impossible. It takes two days to reach by car, so the locals use a Cessna to get there. We should go to the village and buy Cessna, then we can cross the vast Saudi Arabian desert. You know, I've been apprehensive about getting anywhere near a plane. If a Stand user attacked, and the plane went down, we'd be putting innocent lives at risk. With a Cessna, I could be the pilot. We'd be able to save some time for sure.- Mr. Joestar explained his plan on getting closer to Egypt as soon as possible.

- Flying in a Cessna with a man who's been in three plane crashes. Yeah, that sounds like a perfect idea to me.- Jotaro said while putting one of his arms behind his head and leaning backwards onto the backrest of his seat. I chuckled softly at his comment, looking up at him before turning my gaze back to a mad Joseph.