Chapter Six

*The Unplanned Pregnancy*

Denver Nuggets Practice Facility,
9:00am,

Mike heads to the basketball practice along with his teammates when he started to feel nauseous. "Mike, are you alright?" JaMychal Green asks. "No I think I'm going to be sick," Mike runs outside of the practice facility and starts throwing up. He was coughing and gagging. Michael Malone could hear the noise coming from the outside. "What's going on with him?" He asked. "Mike has been vomiting outside and I don't know what's going on?" Mike heads back to the practice as he tells the head coach about what was up in his mind. "So Mike, what is it you want to tell me?" Michael Malone followed. "Uh coach, I didn't want to tell you this but I'm concerned of late," Mike felt like a fool when it came to the fact that he wasn't feeling well and was experiencing any symptoms. "Late? What happened?" "Actually, I have been having mood swings, my sleep patterns have been changing drastically, I tried doing some exercise and then I felt dizzy. Whenever I go to the kitchen at home and in public places, one of the smells were making me nauseous," He added. "Wow, when did it start?" He asked again. "It started this morning when I was at home," Mike answers. "Don't know how it started but I was feeling like that even now and then," "Oh I see. Did you take the pregnancy test?" "No not yet coach," He replied. "Okay, how about this? Let's go to Walgreens, buy it and then we'll go straight to the Denver Nuggets locker room to see what was going on," They went to Walgreens and bought the clear blue pregnancy test and went straight to the Denver Nuggets locker room. Michael Malone understands the situation because he is also a father himself. He went straight to the restroom to take it while he is waiting for him. 5 minutes later, he came out with the results. Two lines: Positive.

Michael Porter Jr: coach I'm pregnant. I'm sorry.

The head coach hugged him. "It's okay Mikey, I know. Don't worry, we'll figure out what to do when you're expecting the baby, okay? I'll be here for you and Nikola,"

Michael Porter Jr: It's all my fault that I did it on purpose and now my life is ruined.

Michael Malone: It's okay son, It's okay.

Michael Porter Jr: I know that but, My parents are going to be very upset with me.

Michael Malone: Oh I see, but I can be your father figure. I'm a father too so it's okay. Let's go to the clinic.

They went to the medical center in downtown Denver as Mike explains to him that he was vomiting, feeling dizzy and felt fatigued at times. Although, the reality had hit him knowing that the nurse made an announcement about Mike's condition. "Well Michael Lamar Porter Jr. You're pregnant," Mike gasped in surprise. "Wait! What? How could this be?" "I saw the ultrasound of the blob and yet, you're on the 8 weeks of pregnancy," Mike knew he had to accept the fact that he's pregnant. Next, Mike went home as he goes straight to the bedroom. "Michael Porter Jr!" His mother called him from downstairs. "Yes Mom?" Mike runs downstairs to hear his mother calling him. "Your dad and I needed to talk to you, what happened?" Mike sat down with his parents when he was telling him that he was pregnant. "Mike, we're worried you've been acting off again," They noticed that Mike had been behaving strangely.

"Mom? Dad? I don't know what to say this but I'm pregnant," Mike said. Mike's father Michael Porter got very upset. "Mike Jr! How could you do this? You're only 21 and you have a career ahead of you. How are you going to manage your life between being an athlete and taking care of the baby?" His father yelled. "Dad, I'm sorry. I just didn't know how to process this. I mean I don't know," Mike started sobbing. "I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, so I didn't know," "Well you're sorry Mike! All you did was you ruined your life as an NBA player," He yelled again.