Chapter Seven

*Gender Reveal*
Michael Porter Jr- 5 months pregnant,
Denver, Colorado
9:00am,

Mike and Nikola went to the clinic to find out the gender of their baby. Somehow, Mike and Nikola were laughing about how they met and yet, Nikola had asked him out to go on a date. When the nurse came in, she saw the sight of the couple making good laughs and letting them know that it is a good sign for the couple to have a good relationship and a good health for their baby. "So you guys want to find out the gender of the baby?" The two men said yes to the nurse. She placed the jelly on Mike's pregnant belly as she saw something. "Congratulations Mike and Nikola, your baby is a girl," Mike and Nikola were surprised and delighted knowing that they're expecting a baby girl. Mike calls the head coach of the Denver Nuggets that he and Nikola were expecting a baby girl. "Hey coach! Good news. Nikola and I are expecting a baby girl," "That's amazing!" Michael Malone smiles. "Don't forget to send me the invite for the gender reveal,"

Michael Porter Jr: Oh coach, the gender reveal will be on the halftime show.

Michael Malone: Sounds good Mike.

*Denver Nuggets Locker room*
4:00pm,

Mike puts on his Denver Nuggets uniform, but the jersey that he wore on the first game didn't fit him. "Dang it! I can't put it on," Mike sighs. "Why? What happened?" Nikola asked. "Did any of you have any 2XL Jerseys? The ones that I wore from the first game doesn't fit me," Mike suggested. "Why did I ever gain weight in the first place?" His teammate went to him and wondered what happened. "I have no idea what had happened Mike," Will Barton shrugs, but knew what it was like to be in Mike's shoes knowing that their uniforms didn't fit. "Believe me I've dealt with this before when I was expecting a baby with Trey Lyles. There were times that my Denver Nuggets uniforms don't fit me," "I'll be right back, I'm going to ask coach to request for a bigger jersey," Mike goes to the Head coach's office to request another Jersey since the jersey that he wore didn't fit him. After requesting for another size of Denver Nuggets uniform, he comes out of the office to put on some shorts and leg sleeves. Luckily, the shorts and leg sleeves still fits, even the warm up gear.

Michael Porter Jr POV:

I had to admit the jersey that I wore from the first game didn't fit me. Especially when I have the workout gear that I usually wear for practice. If I needed to go for the practice and hit the gym. However, I feel like a total loser knowing that I would be gaining a lot of weight. Although, this is my last game since the doctor and my head coach were telling me that I have to be sidelined for the rest of the season. I'm not injured or anything, it is due to the fact that I have the baby inside of my belly.

*Halftime show*

The halftime started after the end of the 2nd quarter as Mike and Nikola were announcing whether they are going to have a boy or a girl. Yet, they were so excited even the fans can hardly wait for the surprise. The teammates watched from their bench as he and Nikola started to shoot the ball. Yet, Nikola starts to shoot the ball and it had a pink powder on his jersey even the pink confetti were scattering on the floor.

Michael Porter Jr: Oh my goodness Nikola! We're having a girl.

The fans were cheering congratulations. Not only that, Mike's brother Jontay is going to be engaged to Nikola's brother Nemanja Jokic. The Porter and the Jokic family were invited to the gender reveal as Mr. Porter went to him.

Michael Porter Jr: Dad! You're here!

Mr. Porter: Hi Mike.

Michael Porter Jr: so what's up?

Mr. Porter: Well you know, I just wanted to say that I'm very proud of you both and I wanted to say that I'm sorry for the way I treated you when you told us that you were pregnant. You know, it's just that I was worried. First of all, you're going to make me a grandpa since you and Nikola are expecting a baby.

Michael Porter Jr: That's alright. We can leave this behind us. Besides, I'm expecting a baby girl dad.

His dad went to him and started tearing up. He placed his hand on Mike's 5 month baby bump. "My son Mike, I'm so proud of the person you've become today. The truth is, I'm going to have a granddaughter," "Dad I know you've been there for all these years even mom too! Especially my siblings," He talked to him. Nikola could be seen smiling at Mike talking to his father just to ease the tension between him and his father.

Michael Porter Jr: I love you dad.

Mr. Porter: Love you too Mike. Also, once the baby is born, let me know so that I can see this little girl.

Michael Porter Jr: Of course dad. Oh since you're here dad, are you watching the proposal?

Mr. Porter: Yes.

Michael Porter Jr: My bad, I missed the memo 😂.

They were watching the wedding proposal of Jontay and Nemanja Jokic. In fact, Mike was seated next to Nikola and his teammates. Nemanja was holding Jontay's hands as he stood to make the vows for him.

Nemanja Jokic: Jontay, I wanted to tell you that I have seen the most incredible man that I've ever met and I know that it may be too early to call, but the first time I met when Mike was there with Nikola Jokic on the day of Valentine's Day. We went to all the dances and other events together. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and have our own family. Jontay Porter, will you marry me?

Jontay pops the question

Jontay Porter: Yes! I'll marry you!

Jontay and Nemanja kissed as Mike and Nikola were cheering. Somehow, Mike started crying when his younger brother is now engaged. "Mike, why are you crying?" Jontay asked. "I'm crying because I'm so happy for you and Nemanja,"

Jontay Porter: Don't worry Mike, you and Nikola will be next you know?

Michael Porter Jr: I know, it's because my brother is going to be married to Nemanja 🥹🥺.

Jontay Porter: and I'm going to have a niece.

Everyone on the bench joined the double celebration of Mike and Nikola expecting a baby girl and also, Mike's brother Jontay is engaged to Nikola Jokic's brother Nemanja Jokic.

2 hours after the game,

Mike was resting on the bed watching TV while Jontay was leaning on his brother's pregnant belly carefully to feel the baby's movements. Somehow, Mike is still feeling hurt by the way that Coban has been treating him since he found out about the pregnancy.

Michael Porter Jr: I don't think Coban would like this.

Jontay Porter: it's okay Mike. You're better than this. Besides, we have each other no matter what especially Nikola is always be the doting boyfriend and a soon to be father to your baby.

Michael Porter Jr: Thanks Jon.

Jontay Porter: anytime.

Jontay gives him some time to be with Nikola Jokic. He placed his hand on Mike's 5 month baby bump. In fact, Mike was dressed up in a Satin Kimono robe. "You look beautiful in that nightgown babe," Nikola whispers. "Thank you honey," Mike smiles. Nikola continues placing his hand on Mike's belly and plants a kiss on the lips.