Chapter Twenty Two

*Michael Porter Jr POV: a day in a life as a small forward for Denver Nuggets and a mother of two girls*

Maxine 2 years old
Nyla 4 months old

Denver, Colorado,
8:00pm,

Mike explains about how he would do anything for his own time and he wanted to do something while Nikola returns to the game. Somehow, Mike still couldn't get over the fact that Coban was up to no good since the incident that's why he haven't spoken to him. "Anyways, sorry about that, I was trying to move on with our lives for the sake of our-," Mike and Nikola heard Maxine crying in the room. "Maxie poo?" Mike runs to the bedroom of Maxine while Nikola picks up Nyla from the crib.  "What's the matter Maxine?" "Mommy..." Mike could hear his daughter crying in his sleep. "Mommy.."

Maxine: Mommy...

Michael Porter Jr: Maxine, what's wrong? Mommy and daddy are here.

Nikola Jokic: Was she having a nightmare?

Michael Porter Jr: Definitely.

Maxine: Mommy...

Michael Porter Jr: You're fine, mommy has you.

Maxine: Mommy...

The next morning,

Mike slept beside Maxine as she was waking up to see her mother being with her. "Mommy?" Mike wakes up. "Good morning Maxie poo," Maxine gets up from the bed. "Good morning Mommy, sorry for disturbing you, daddy and Nyla," She said.

Michael Porter Jr: Disturbing you? No Maxie poo you didn't disturb us.

Maxine: Oh.

Michael Porter Jr: I heard you were crying in your sleep. We're you having a bad dream?

Maxine: Yes Mommy. I have bad dream that Coban was taking you away from me.

Michael Porter Jr: awww it's okay my girl. I won't let Coban take you and your baby sister away from me.

Next, Nikola heads to the game as Mike kisses him on the lips. "I'll see you around babe," "Yes babe, call me," Mike decides to call his mom over to help him with Nyla since she's only 4 months old and she has a day off from work. Maxine goes to her grandmother while Mike is still holding his 4 month old daughter Nyla. It may have been challenging for Mike to handle two things all at once, but he knows that he can do it.

Since Mike gave birth to another baby, Coban would find a way to criticize him for his weight and Mike had to tell him off that he was doing the best he could.

Coban Porter: So Mike what's up with you?

Michael Porter Jr: Nothing much, just staying home to watch these two little goofballs.

Coban Porter: Oh okay, Mike aren't you moving around the house. Your body is a temple.

Michael Porter Jr: Coban stop it. I may look lame because I didn't get a chance to lose weight since I gave birth.

Coban Porter: Oh okay. Anyways, I'm just trying to look after you.

Michael Porter Jr: Coban I'm good, I have everything in need. Maxine and Nyla.

Somehow, Mike had noticed the improvement that Coban had made and yet, Mike knows he didn't had to deal with him criticizing because he was dealing with his post-pregnancy body.

Although, in case they may be wondering if Mike is going to have another baby again, Mike said yes he will once Nyla will turn one and Maxine will turn three years old. However, Mike would have to think about it first due to his fear of giving birth and knowing how big the baby was going to be.

The next day,

He wakes up to prepare for the day by giving Nyla a bath. "I'll set up a bath Maxie poo because you haven't had a shower yesterday," "Sorry Mommy," Maxine said. Nikola prepares the bath for Maxine while Mike is dressing Nyla up to get ready for the doctor's appointment. Although, Nyla would be crying knowing that she is not very fond of the shots. Next, they go to the clinic to get flu shots. Nyla would cry loudly and Maxine will be complaining.

Maxine: Mommy it stings! I don't likey it.

Michael Porter Jr: It's alright Maxine, it's just a flu shot.

Maxine lets out a sob.

Michael Porter Jr: trust me I'm like that too when I was your age.

10 minutes had passed and they were done with the flu shot appointment. Next, they were heading out to lunch with his fiancé and their two daughters when Mike was asked about the family members criticizing him for not being responsible enough for Mike to become the full time player due to the fact that it was an unplanned pregnancy.

"I wish Mike didn't have to become a mother,"

"Mike should've been living the best time of his life not be pregnant during his NBA career,"

Mike confronted his own family members who had been criticizing him for the things that he did and he admitted that it was an unplanned pregnancy because it nearly cost him his career as a player, but Mike knows he would balance the work between being an athlete and a mother. Somehow, Mike was afraid to admit to his uncle that he was pregnant knowing that he was very young to be a mother. Even Jontay dealt with the same thing. Mike's brother gave birth to a girl named Janica and married Nikola's brother Nemanja.

*Michael Porter Jr POV: My fear of giving birth and having a big baby*

Michael Porter Jr: the fact that I'm 6'10" and I do have a fear of giving birth because I was unaware of how big the baby is going to be.

Nikola Jokic: Oh yeah you told me about it also.

Michael Porter Jr: I know I was like: oh God. Not on my watch. I didn't want to do a surrogate whatsoever because I'm still the type of an athlete who would do anything to conceive a child.

Nikola Jokic: I see.

Michael Porter Jr: I reached out to a fan and she was like: Mike I can relate to what you're going through, I did the normal delivery and it hurts really bad. Well it did hurt really bad because you couldn't handle it. I mean geez! It felt like my pelvis was separating due to the fact that I was struggling to get the baby to come out. I meant: Oh my! I had the worst childbirth experience ever 🥴

Nikola Jokic: I witness that too.

Michael Porter Jr: because Maxine was still in my belly.

Maxine lets out a giggle.

Maxine: I was inside my mommy's tummy and said: No I want to stay in mommy tummy. 🤣

Michael Porter Jr: oh yes you were and you gave mommy a hard time 😆 and your baby sister? She was a big baby.

Maxine: 🤭

Nikola Jokic: it runs in the family especially your aunt Jontay Maxie Poo.

Although, most fans had recommended for Mike to change positions if he were to go in labor with the next baby or suggest to do the water birth. When Maxine and Nyla's mother returned to the game, he can still play in the 1st and 2nd quarter for the Denver Nuggets. You heard that right, their mother is a small forward for the Nuggets as Michael Malone looks after them alongside Mike's brother Jevon Porter.

"Your Mommy Mike is a great player," Aaron Gordon smiled. "Thank you Uncle Aaron," Maxine said. Since Mike is doing his part time as a player for the Nuggets, his best friend Christian Braun will take over for him, so that he could go home early to get some rest with his two kids. Three hours after the game, Nikola and Mike went home with their kids as they begin their journey as parents and yet, their lives have been better.