Chapter Sixteen

*Jontay's baby shower*
Jontay Porter- 6 months pregnant
Michael Porter Jr- 5 months pregnant

Denver, Colorado,
3:00pm,

"I'm amazed that these two were the combined forces altogether," Jontay's friend saw the two of the Porter brothers including Mike and Jontay and of course Maxine was with Nikola Jokic. "And even Michael Porter Jr is expecting another baby also?" "Yeah he is," Jontay said. "Plus the two ladies who helped Mike with the baby were invited as well," Brooke went to Mike and placed her hand on his 4 month pregnant belly.

Brooke: so how's the pregnancy going Mike? Still good?

Michael Porter Jr: oh yeah it's still good so far.

Brooke: I can see that.

Maxine: Mommy.

Brooke: Awwww look at that adorable baby.

She started holding Brooke in her arms. "It feels like yesterday when you were a newborn and now look at you. You're growing into bubbly baby today," Mike and Brooke were catching up to see how everything went and of course she was open to help Mike with the pregnancy and labor. Thus, many asks had asked when Mike is planning to go back to the game and he said that he plans to play before he reaches to his 2nd trimester. Many reasons why he was sidelined because he had to take care of himself and the baby. One of those days, Mike and Nikola could take Maxine to the basketball practice and Maxine will watch her mommy and daddy play basketball altogether. Even though, Maxine's mom is 4 months pregnant, he can still play until the doctor advises him to be sidelined when he gets to his 2nd trimester. Even doing the layup and free throws. When Jontay came to Maxine, he asked her. "Want to see your mommy at the practice?" Maxine raises her arms up and squeals. Somehow, Mike will have to sit out during the game because of the baby inside his belly. Somehow, Mike was still able to spend his time with Maxine even though, he had to sit out.

Yet, Michael Malone was there attending Jontay's baby shower. "Ah I see that your brother is expecting his first child," The head coach smiles. "Yes coach he is," Mike answered. "Oh and don't forget, I bought him some baby registry gifts for him,"

Jontay Porter: Oh my goodness! Thanks coach.

Michael Malone: Anytime, I did the same thing when your brother was pregnant with his first baby.

Jontay Porter: Yep.

Michael Malone: And also, you don't have to worry about not playing today because I don't want anything bad happen to the baby Mike, you can sit.

Michael Porter Jr: Gee thanks Coach. I know I didn't want to hurt the baby in my belly.

And another guests came in, it was Mike's teammates, Jamal, Jeff Green, Austin Rivers and the rest of the Denver Nuggets teammates were handing out the gifts that had baby clothes, diapers and other items for Jontay. "Is that Maxine?" Jeff Green went to him. "Oh yes it's her," Mike said. "She has been excited to see all of you," "It was worth the miracle especially when you and Maxine do have a mother and daughter bond," Vlatko Cancar explained to him. "You know when Luka was pregnant, he was the best partner and a mother I've ever met," "I see,"

Somehow, Vlatko was asking Mike about Coban Porter and many reasons why the youngest brother of the Porter family didn't seem to be happy with Mike's announcement that he was pregnant.

Vlatko Cancar: Did your younger brother say anything about your pregnancy and Jontay's too?

Mike nods.

Vlatko Cancar: Really? Was he mad?

Michael Porter Jr: Yeah he was and he's not happy with me becoming a mother. Even he's not happy with Jontay as well.

Vlatko Cancar: wow, so sorry to hear that darling, I don't understand why he would be so upset. He should be happy because you and Jontay are becoming mothers. Don't worry, as long as you're happy with whatever you and Jontay have, you're all good.

Michael Porter Jr: Thanks Vlatko.

Vlatko Cancar: anytime Mike, Luka Doncic is a mother to my baby boy. Besides, Luka can help you and Jontay with anything else.

Michael Porter Jr: great!

Jontay Porter: Vlatko, I forgot to remind you, the gender reveal party is about to start.

Mike, Vlatko, Maxine and Nikola were coming to the table as Jontay and Nemanja started the show whether their baby was going to be a boy or a girl. "First of all Nemanja and I wanted to thank you all for coming to my baby shower party and we were happy to be together with all of you. Foremost, we are going to pop the balloon on the boy or girl? Are you guys ready?" Mike and Nikola looked at Jontay and Nemanja along with their daughter Maxine. "One! Two! Three!" The pink confetti scattered on the grass. "We're expecting a baby girl," Jontay said in excitement. The guests were congratulating Jontay and Nemanja for their great news that they were going to be parents. Mike gets up from the chair and hugs his brother Jontay.

Michael Porter Jr: congratulations Jontay, I'm so happy for you and Nemanja.

Jontay Porter: Thanks Mike and just like we said when we were kids, we all have to stick together.

Even the Porter and Jokic family came to congratulate Jontay and Nemanja for their first time to become parents.

*Denver Nuggets game with Maxine*

Ball Arena, Denver, Colorado
7:30pm,

Mike takes Maxine to the Denver Nuggets game to watch her dad Nikola Jokic play on the court ever since Mike had to sit down on the bench to spend time with his teammates. Usually, Jamal and Jeff Green interacted with Maxine during the game. Somehow, Maxine has interacted well with the fans and they knew that they wanted Mike to be back in the lineup. Yet, Mike announced that he will be sidelined for the remainder of the game because of the baby in his belly and Maxine being his priority.

In the meantime, Mike was able to manage the family matter into his own hands with his brother expecting a baby. Even with Maxine being around the Porter-Jokic household, they can still make the most out of their day. His sisters were supportive of him and his brother throughout their lives as they were destined to become the mothers and same for their sisters. Since Mike had already fulfilled his dream to become a mom, he couldn't be more happier than anything.

"Look Maxie Poo, daddy made three points," Maxine was so happy when she saw her dad playing in the 1st and 2nd quarter. Later on, Nikola went to sit on the bench to rest up, Maxine goes to him to sit on his lap.

Michael Porter Jr: you know hon, she's been excited to watch you on the court.

Nikola Jokic: I know and she watched her mommy play too even when her mommy doesn't dunk.

Michael Porter Jr: Honey I wish I did but you know, a baby in my tummy.

Nikola Jokic: I understand and also Maxie Poo, your mommy can still shoot free throws and layups too.

Michael Porter Jr: I can play tomorrow if I want to, but if not, it's fine. I can sit out during the whole quarter of the game. Also, I have a feeling that I'm going to be sidelined next week.

Nikola Jokic: Okay.

Michael Porter Jr: Otherwise, I'll sit out.

Nikola Jokic: no worries.

Michael Porter Jr POV:

I'm debating if I could go to the practice today, but due to the fact that I do have a baby in my belly, I have to sit out for a while. Since I consulted with my head coach about it, so he made it official that I am going to be sidelined for the rest of the NBA season.