Chapter Thirteen

*Maxine's first word*

Maxine 10 months old,

Nikola Jokic gets ready to go on the home court in Denver as Mike was holding Maxine in his arms. "Say Mama," Mike started teaching Maxine how to say her first word, but it took a while for her to say it. "Meh," Maxine said. "Mama," "Mee," "It's okay girl, take your time," Mike told her. Thus, Maxine's smile had a resemblance like her mommy Mike. "Mommy will go to the backyard," Mike pretends he would go gardening until he heard a word coming from the kitchen. "Mama!" Mike heard her saying Mama. "Did you just say Mama?" Mike walks back to the backyard. "Mama!" Maxine said. "Oh my goodness! My baby daughter said the first word," Mike said. "I'm so proud of our Maxie Poo," "Me too baby," Nikola smiled kissing Mike on the cheek and then their daughter's forehead. When Nikola prepares for the road games, he had the bags packed since he is going away for the road games.

"I'll see you when I get back and see you soon baby Maxine," Nikola waves her and Mike a goodbye hug and kiss. "And I'll see you when I get home babe," "Okay Hon," Mike replies kissing Nikola on the lips. Maxine started crying when her dad left for the game. "It's okay baby, Mommy Mike is here," Mike comforts his crying 10 month old daughter. When Nikola Jokic left for the game, Jontay Porter and Nemanja had to stay there for the nights to keep him and Maxine accompanied. Well of course! There were times that Nikola wasn't able to pick up the phone calls coming from his fiancée Michael Porter Jr himself. Before the pregame starts, Mike texts his fiancé:

To: Nikola Jokic.

Hi hon, I just want to tell you that you have a safe trip for the next road games. I invited my brother Jontay and Nemanja over to keep me accompanied, so that I don't feel lonely. Okay, I'll see you when you come home and don't forget to call me as soon as you go to the road games. Love you ❤️.

- Michael Porter Jr.

To: Michael Porter Jr.

Thank you babe I will and great! Jontay and my brother Nemanja will be spending the night at our house. I'll call you when I leave. Give our Maxie poo a kiss for me.

- Nikola Jokic

To: Nikola Jokic

Okay love I will and she misses you a lot. I missed you already. 🥺🥺

- Michael Porter Jr.

Usually when Nikola Jokic gets a lot of text messages from Mike, it makes him smile especially the photos on his phone had the pictures of him with Maxine at the park, Maxine at 3 months old, a photo of Mike holding Maxine in his arms at the hospital, Mike's maternity photo shoot that took place at the Denver Nuggets home court, even the gender reveal. Not only that, it had the photo of Mike's ultrasound when Nikola had announced that Mike was expecting his first child with Nikola Jokic.

Back then before Maxine came along, Mike and Nikola Jokic had a text conversation:

Text Messages MPJ & NJ👦🏻👦🏼❤️

Michael Porter Jr: Just waited for the boba order

Nikola Jokic: it's here now babe.

Michael Porter Jr: Haha that was fast.

Random Convo:

Michael Porter Jr: Jamal Murray has me dead 😂.

Nikola Jokic: Why? What happened?

Michael Porter Jr: he said that he'd rather get a foul than play at the court.

Nikola Jokic: Oh wow hahaha.