𝟎𝟒 || 𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄

MY TEARS RICOCHET - TAYLOR SWIFT
"we gather stones, never knowing what
they'll mean; some to throw, some
to make a diamond ring."

________

________

My heels clacked on the driveway of my parent's house, my steps were staggered due to the reckless activity of last night. I could barely walk in a straight line, let alone keep my mind off of Angelo, and his insanely large dick.

Mae was right, the best way to forget was sex, because by the morning I had forgotten all about Nathan. Nothing could compare to the pleasure that I felt in the car last night.

It was currently 6:42PM , and my parents had invited me over for 6:00PM. I guess being on time wasn't exactly my defining trait.

The water spilling out of the fountain behind me played in the background between my thoughts. I had no idea why I was invited over back to my parent's house, but by the tone of my mother's voice, it seemed pretty urgent.

As I walked further up, I noticed a black SUV pull up in front of the black metal gates that had just closed. With tinted windows and everything, it looked like one of those kidnapping vans. I couldn't even see the man in the driver's seat. I wondered what they were doing there.

I began to pick up my pace towards the massive white double doors, and before I could even ring the doorbell, my mother had already turned the knob and opened the doors for me. She ushered me inside with her eyes full of relief. "Come, Violet." She muttered quietly.

What the hell?

I stepped onto the marble tile flooring of the house with my mother right behind me. Everything seemed normal, I didn't understand why she was so paranoid. Apart from the car parked outside and my mother's behaviour, it was all habitual.

"Mom, what's going on?" I asked her, confused. She guided me towards my father's office by the small of my back in a hurry, her long brown hair following her movements. My steps could barely keep up with her own, and the sound of our shoes on the cold tiles echoed throughout the tall ceilings. She didn't answer my question, and I could only be lead to think that it was something to do with my father.

Knowing my him, he had probably fumbled a client and was in some insurmountable amount of trouble. "Mom?" I asked again. Finally, she turned to look at me. Her green eyes were painted with panic and nervousness. My heart began to beat faster with anticipation.

There were a thousand things that she could say. The firm could be going bankrupt, my father could have gambled off the most of my inheritance, anything. Instead, my mother sat me down on the chair in front of my father's desk, sitting in the other one right next me.